Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Ughhh, I'm short one grid! Help?

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Hey guys!
I have my single sow Radley in the smallest Midwest guinea pig habitat, which is the set up she was adopted out with from her Craigslist family. It is about 2 feet by 3.5(ish) feet and I've been feeling lately it's too small.
I have 9 grids left over from making Scout and Harper's kitchen, which is only ONE short from being a 2x3! I would have to remove Harper's 1x2 kitchen in his cage in order to make Radley's new c&c completely out of grids.
I am not going to be able to get coroplast until April 1st so is there anything else I could use? Could I spare that one grid on the side of the ramp? The dense, plastic grid above the wire one on the wall with the ramp.

This is how Harper and Scout's kitchen is set up:
[GuineaPigCages.com] Ughhh, I'm short one grid! Help?

Edit: The ramp is a little difficult to see, but it's on the wall under the window with the dinosaur fabric on it. I'm talking about removing the grid that is touching the bottom right corner of the window.
Thanks!

You could probably eliminate that grid if you use something else in its place (a piece of cardboard, fleece pulled tightly, etc).

Are you talking about wire grids or plastic ones? I can spare a couple of black wire grids.

I was referring to the plastic grid on top of the wire one.
I wish I could just purchase grids individually for instances such as this! This is what happens when I attempt to cut a grid in half and ruin two while trying :(

Just have a 1x1 loft for kitchen it would be big enough and you could always add it back later

You could bend back that grid you're using as a hidey/tunnel in the picture? Make a different tunnel for the pair?

You could bend back that grid you're using as a hidey/tunnel in the picture? Make a different tunnel for the pair?
good eye didnt even see that lol

The interior grid next to the hay area could be replaced with a pvc pipe support.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.