Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ugh. I fail. I fell in love with a kitty.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
So.. I'm planning to get a cat. I have made a deal with my grandmother that I will wait to get one until my 20th birthday [May 2010]. Since I live with them, it has to go through them as well. Plus it would give me time to get everything all settled 100%.

I stopped by pet-not-so-smart today to stall my grandmother while we were setting up for her surprise party and fell in love with a rescue kitten. Well, he's actually 4 months. After the party, I was telling my cousin about the kittens and she wanted to go with me to see them... So we stopped back by. She actually ended adopting his sister, Lily. Of course, by that time I was snuggling Joe (the one I love) and wishing I could bring him home. I even had the cash with me to adopt him.. but I'm going out of town from July 1-18th and would hate leaving him with a pet sitter so soon after getting him.

Seriously though, he is the SWEETEST cat. I held him for like.. an hour? while my cousin filled out all the papers and whatnot. Is that normal for a cat? He was purring the entire time. + the adoption fee is only $90 + all his shots + microchip + neutered + first vet visit + litter and food (though I'd just turn around and donate it back to the rescue since it's not what I'd use..)

Anyhow.. I'm going to try and sweet-talk my grandmother into moving up the adoption date if he is still available when I get back. I just love him to pieces.

Here's a picture of him from his adoption page:

I'd have to change his name, though. xD Orion, perhaps.

vicky2

Cavy Slave
He is ADORABLE!!!
Definitely work something out with your grandma! And maybe your cousin can watch him when your out of town. :D

blessedbeingmom

Cavy Slave
He is so cute! We love cats here and have three of them.

Bunnah lover

Cavy Slave
Congrats.
Hope all goes well! :D

xxlizzybordenxx

Cavy Slave
Aww!!! Looks just like my kitty did when she was a baby, she is so pretty and so is he! You better get him soon or he will be gone!

this is what my cat looks like now :)

Ilovemypiggies1

Cavy Slave
He is adorable! We have a tabby colored cat, his name is Pumpkin and he's the funniest cat I've ever seen/met! From what i know of he is a Maine Coon and possibly mixed but i'm not sure. Here's a picture of him:
703044_1210463402.jpg

Here's a close-up of him:
703044_1217302666.jpg

seredman

Cavy Slave
That kitten is too cute, best wishes!! Hope it works out for you!!

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Oh, goodness, your cats are so gorgeous!

I talked with my grandmother, and she said will consider moving up the date if he is still available when we get back! Unfortunately, that isn't until July 18th and there's a huge possibility that he will already be adopted. Which, of course, is still great for him.. but.. :/

Anyhow, I'm just going to have to cross my fingers and hope he'll still be available. I'm debating on whether or not to go ahead and buy some cat stuff before I leave in case he is available. Hrm. I already know what food I'll be feeding, and which litter box I'll be getting, etc.

ETA:

Here are some pictures of his sister, Lily, after she went home with my cousin:

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness! He is too cute!!
There is a cat at the camp my sister and I go to and he lets you hold him like a baby for a looong time. I held him for an hour one time, he purred the whole time.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
I love tabby cats! They are a so cute. Never had one just black and white cats and one calico. I wish I could have a cat but i don't have room and with 3 guinea pigs and one dog it wouldn't work with renting.

Here's my beloved Binx. Lives at my parents house, she's about 11 I believe.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
*Random Question:*

Has anyone had the cat-genie litter box?

It looks like the most amazing thing, ever. Self-washing, Self-flushing. I feel lazy for wanting it, but I honestly don't care for once. lol. Less time cleaning = more time spent with the kitty. :)

Froggirl009

Cavy Slave
I'm debating on whether or not to go ahead and buy some cat stuff before I leave in case he is available. Hrm. I already know what food I'll be feeding, and which litter box I'll be getting, etc.

I would get most of the stuff because you are going to be getting a kitten soon so its not like you will never use it.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
*Random Question:*

Has anyone had the cat-genie litter box?

It looks like the most amazing thing, ever. Self-washing, Self-flushing. I feel lazy for wanting it, but I honestly don't care for once. lol. Less time cleaning = more time spent with the kitty. :)

As far as I know, it does not hold enough litter to be deep enough (prefered depth is 3 inches, 4 is better. :) ). None of the automatic litter boxes I have seen are okay. One, for example, uses crystal litter which is not the best because you need to remove the urine from the litter box and you can not do so with crystal litter. Plus some cats get pretty big and you don't know how big he is going to get, that litter box is not the biggest I have seen and he may not be able to use it very well if he gets to big for it.
But if you want to, you can use it. It looks like the absolute best automatic litter box I have seen. If they made it bigger and could hold more litter, I might get it.

Froggirl009

Cavy Slave
All the reviews for it look good.

wigglesgiggles1

Cavy Slave
Wickedrodent, keep us posted if you get the cat.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Will do!

He has two brothers who are also for adoption, so if he is already adopted when I get back from the trip I'm going to go and meet them. They were with him at the adoption event, but my focus was on holding him. I honestly just asked to hold a kitten and he was the one that was handed to me out of the three boys. According to the lady, they are all just as sweet and cuddly! I was chatting with her about it while my cousin was adopting Lily and their mom (who was there, and a very small and sweet cat) had to be on meds after she had them so they were weaned sooner than normal and that's why they are so people-friendly.

Here are pictures of the rest of his family:

Charlie:

Peanut:

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Well, the editing time ran out.

Apparently I can't adopt him, even if I wait until I am 20 years old. You have to be 23 to adopt from this rescue. Wow. Why is it, when you reach the legal age of 18, everyone raises their limits?

I guess I'll really have to talk with my grandmother, as she'll be the one filling out the forms. And apparently I look 23, because they told me I could go online and go ahead and fill out a form in advance.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
Totally not fair. I hope you can get him!
All his siblings are really cute too!

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Oh my god...his brother Charlie is the most adorable, cutest amazingly soft kitty I've ever seen!!! Oops, sorry to my dear Sierra. Well, its not like I can afford another pet anyways. If I were you, I would be crazy enough to adopt Joe and Charlie. What boring names, though!

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Apparently I can't adopt him, even if I wait until I am 20 years old. You have to be 23 to adopt from this rescue. Wow. Why is it, when you reach the legal age of 18, everyone raises their limits?

I guess I'll really have to talk with my grandmother, as she'll be the one filling out the forms. And apparently I look 23, because they told me I could go online and go ahead and fill out a form in advance.

I actually think this is great. I feel there are many people who are responsible when they are 18, but so many are not. This is probably to discourage young adults from potentially geting a pet that might be dumped when they move from aparment to apartment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.