Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n U.S. chain restaurants offering vegetarian dishes

Swiss cheese

Cavy Slave
I live in Switzerland, but spend quite some time in the U.S., traveling. Whenever I am there, I find it pretty hard to get decent vegetarian food. But maybe I just don't know where to look. Could you give me some tips?
The Cheesecake Factory has quite a selection of veg entrees, as does Olive Garden. And Burger King offers a salad that isn't half bad.
Any others?

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Burger King also has a veggie burger, you just have to ask for it. Qdoba Mexican Grill doesn't use animal fat in their refried beans. Most of the places I eat aren't chain restaurants but if your ever in St. Louis, Mo you should check out Mokabes Coffeehouse it is awesome! Check out their menu at Mokabes.com

Swiss cheese

Cavy Slave
Good to know about Burger King, thank you!

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
HuHot is a Mongolian grill chain, where you can build your own vegetarian bowl; when you get up to the grill, just tell the cooks you're a vegetarian and they'll clean off a spot just for you and make sure no meat gets into your food. HuHot is pretty popular in Iowa; I usually see one in the bigger cities, although I'm not sure where else the franchise spans.

Noodles & Company have some vegetarian pasta; one of the cashiers told me there was fish oil in the pad thai noodle dish, though. But I think most of their other stuff is vegetarian friendly.

If you're ever in Iowa City, come to downtown; the university campus is there and there are a lot of vegetarian/vegan restaraunts there. Usually, if I'm going to a new restaraunt, I'll look up the menu first, and see if they have anything vegetarian. It's kind of my cheatsheet :p

CookiesMom

Cavy Slave
It is a good idea to ask, as some do not post heir vegetarian selections. It also makes a dramatic difference where you are visiting. Some areas are very V friendly, where others think vegetarian means a wedge salad (iceberg lettuce) with ranch dressing, a grilled cheese and fries.
Before you come on a trip, look up the area and see what they offer. Just google "vegetarian in...." I am in Portland Oregon which is VERY V friendly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.