Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding U-Haul Pads

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Well, my mom and I recently picked up some U-Haul pads.

They are called "U-Haul Furniture Pads"

Are those the right kind? I wasn't sure. They say they are durable, washable, and made from recycled Denim.

___

Anyhow, I got 1 pad.

I want to sow it together and make liners for my Litter Boxes. What should I use for layers?

Also, how many pads would I need to make liners for my 2x4 C&C cage? What are some advantages of using pads for a cage, and what should I use for layers if I decide to redo my whole cage with them?

I am definitely going to have leftovers, so I am open to any ideas of what I could use the pad for.

:)

Thanks!

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
Recycled denim are the right ones. I use two layers of the pad, and on the top I use fleece. Works perfectly.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Recycled denim are the right ones. I use two layers of the pad, and on the top I use fleece. Works perfectly.

Thanks! What are the advantages of pads? And, how many pads for a 2x4?

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
One u-Haul pad will make two sets for a 2x4 cage with a 1x2 upper level. Understand this is one layer of pad per cage liner. Most sewing machines can't handle more than two layers of fleece plus one layer of u-Haul pad. Use the scraps of the pads to make small pads to be used under areas where they tend to use the toilet so that you don't have to change the entire cage.

Be sure to wash, dry (hot) and then press the u-Haul pad before sewing into fleece. You'll get far more predictable results by taking a few extra steps in the construction of the pads.

Thanks!

What do you mean I won't have to "change the entire cage"?

So, I only need to use 1 layer of pad and 1 layer of fleece?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.