Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding U-Haul pads: Which type?

aislynn99

Cavy Slave
While reading the fleece project sticky, I noticed that a middle layer of U-Haul pads is recommended (below the fleece and above the newspaper, I assume). While browsing their website for pricing options, I found two types of pads. Please let me know if you would recommend one over the other, or if either type would serve. Thank you!

Furniture pad: U-Haul: Moving supplies: Furniture Pad

Quilted pad: U-Haul: Moving supplies: Quilted Pads

You want the furniture pad not the quilted one. It works a ton better. Best of luck with fleece! My guinea pigs really love it!

Thanks! My boyfriend also has access to these: (broken link removed) but I wasn't sure what they were made of. They look much like the pads you recommend, though.

How many layers of fleece, blankets and newspaper would you recommend? My poopers are in a 2x4 C&C cage.

I'm going to get those uhaul pads! I know they are machine washable, but can they also be put in the dryer or ar they better air dried?

I dry mine, just be sure to eMpty the lint trap after.

I do one layer of uhaul and one layer of fleece, no newspaper.

Make sure you wash the uhaul blankets before you use them. I got a little over zealous and cut mine to size and put them in before washing. Then they shrank. Luckily I ordered way to many so I just made new ones and the cut the others into scraps for under the hidey and food. I don't have newspaper, just 3 layers of padding and one of fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.