Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Two Cages?

chipper

Cavy Slave
My son goes back and forth between my house and his mothers. We want to have a cage for the guinea pig at my house and one at her house. Would our new guinea pig handle the movement between the two cages? Both cages would be set up virtually the same way. We just don't want to move the cages back and forth all the time. Thanks for any advice anyone has!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I think that would be fine. Just get a carrier (a cat carrier makes for a good transportation device) to transport back and forth with.

samoews

Cavy Slave
I am really impressed that you and your son's mom are working together for the good of your son and his guinea pig. I think the piggie will be just fine living in 2 similar cages. Good job to both you and his mom!

ginniemama

Cavy Slave
My hats off to both you and your sons mom for thinking of your sons and the piggies feelings! It is wonderful to see that you guys are working together on this! I think the guinea will be fine becuase he/she will be able to spend time with your son no matter which home he is. 10 thumbs up to you!

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much for caring about the guinea pig. We travel once a month to visit my future in-laws, and bought a cage to keep at their house. Granted, it's smaller, but it's still a c&c. On a side note, if you do not have a c&c cage for the pig, you should invest in one, because space is very important for a guinea pig. www.guineapigcages.com has the size requirements. Your son is lucky to have you.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Have you ever thought about gettting the piggy a friend, they are happiest in pairs as they are herd animals and often lonely with out another guinea pig. Here is a link to a page that tells you more about how and why
http://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm

Also I'm not for sure on this but have the same food at both places, it may be hard the piggy stomache to changefoods but I'm not sure on this so correct me if I'm wrong. Oxbow pellets are the best pellets to feed and If you buy them in bulk you save a lot of money.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.