Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puberty Two boys try to hump each other

nousername

Cavy Slave
They are 1 and 2 years, I just got them yesterday from the rescue. And I have noticing a lot humping.

Yesterday, the younger one humps the older one and today is the opposite. The main thing is that they won't let each other humps. They fight a lot.

Should I separate them? I contacted the rescue, they say it's normal? I'm not so sure though... seriously, these guys have a lot sexual energy...

Also, is the wet dog shake normal? they don't do it often, just a few times

It is called Mounting, and it is natural and is a sign of dominance. Well, you can't expect them to let the other one mount them. Of course they "won't let each other humps"

Don't separate them unless blood is shed. It's not really "sexual" energy. They are deciding who's boss.

What is "the wet dog shake"?

Last edited:
I agree with zuidy. They're just establishing which one is dominant, it should slow down once they figure that out, but it won't ever completely go away. And the "wet dog shake" Is normal, they do it to get rid of loose hairs on them.

Thanks guys.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.