Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming Trying to find patience!

britgal98579

Cavy Slave
We are looking for a friend for Ginger. Our Shadow died and she is lonely , however we are having no luck! I found one on Craigslist that is being rehomed and am waiting for a reply. But going by the cage color and igloo (blue) I think it may be a male:(. Our local garden store, I noticed had a couple Guinea pigs. One male , one female around a year old. I asked the lady where they came from and she said a lot of the times their animals are dropped off. These two came from a home where the kids were not taking care of them and parents were tired of it. I guess the male is very laid back and friendly and they have decided to keep him.

The female however she said is "special" they are rehoming her, but she is very skittish and hits with her front paws when she does not want to be picked up. She thinks to much stuff from the other kids scaring her. So I am thinking she may not be a good placement for our home. Our girls are older and good, but the boys may remind her of where she came from. ( the kids were boys) Another problem is she said the couple said they were kept seperately, but she cannot guarantee this and it could be possible the female is pregnant. If she did have babies they would take them back and give us in store credit.

Poor Andrew my son is really missing Shadow and asks every day if we can go get him a new Guinea pig. I wish I could find one! For him and Ginger.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Have you check petfinder.com ? There are some rescues in WA.

Yes, the one closest to me is about an hour away but I can't see that she has any females. The other one is about 2.5 hours. I would like to find one closer to home as I want to introduce Ginger to the new piggy before I make a final decision. Also checked shelters in my area. Was offered a rat ;)

If they have more males than females, check if they have any neutered males.

Oh, wow I didn't even think of that possibility! I believe one of the members here , is the owner of the rescue. I will have to ask her. Thanks:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.