Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Trip to the Vet

snistopher

Cavy Slave
So, this morning I brought my younger gp to the vet. He definitely had some cuts on his rear, although since he's a long haired cavy, it was difficult to see. The vet, who in my opinion is very good, had to buzz his rear to really see the cuts, and it turns out he has quite a few more than I even knew :( So the vet gave him a shot of antibiotics, and now I need to give him the antibiotic for 10 days. I'm not too concerned about that. But with his rear shaved, he definitely needs to be separated from Diamond (the little older gp (about 10 months old), who Doodles has been fighting with). And unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to need to keep them separated for some time (at least until Doodles' hair grows back).

I'm so bummed about this. Why did I have to adopt a guinea pig that tries to emulate Mike Tyson? I think if I do decide to reintroduce them, it'll be in a bath. And right now, I have Doodles in the 2 x 3 on the top and Diamond in the 2 x 5 on the bottom. They can see each other, but only if Doodles looks out where the ramp use to be and if Diamond is in that open section below him. Is that okay, or should I consider modifying the cage so that they're just separated by 2 grids?

So far, I haven't seen any change from Diamond, but Doodles is obviously quite happy that he's no longer threatened. I'm just so upset that this didn't work out :weepy:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.