Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grooming Trimming Fur help !!

southernfury

Cavy Slave

Hello All..
I have a question...How do ya trim the fur around your piggies behind? Mainly for long hair piggies
I have a long fur female piggy...right now she has a UTI and she is gettin pee colored fur. I tryed washing her off everyday, but she has long fur on her bottom. She is pure white, so the color sticks out really bad.

I just wanted to know what do ya use to trim and how do ya keep your piggy still while ya trim.
I am sooooo scared to do this, cause i'm afraid she will move as i clip..:( !! i try to keep her clean as poss. but with the UTI it's hard to keep her super clean !!

Any suggestions will b awesome !!

[GuineaPigCages.com] Trimming Fur help !!This is Miss Coconut...She is the one that needs to have a trimming !! She is recovering from a UTI & URI !! She is doin much better..!!

Plenty of food and patience. I just place a pile of veg in front of the pig and then trim away. I just trim little bits at a time to make sure I won't hurt the piggie. I used to use normal hair scissors, but then I bought the Scaredy Cut and Tiny Trim scissors for my dogs, and now I use the Tiny Trim when I need to cut piggy hair. It has a blunt tip so you won't end up stabbing your pet!
(broken link removed)
Good luck!

It's a two person job at my household. I also use my two fingers as a guard so if I slip I cut myself instead of the pig.

Thank Ya for the tips...!! She still is a very skittish girl...we have only had her for about 3 wks. If i even move, she will haul butt..!! So i might have my kids help...she is very calm when i'm holding her, but it's just getting to the hair that i need to..!! Or would ya just recommend bathing her..!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.