Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General treats

olliethepig

Cavy Slave
So with my hay i got it came with some treats and it has yogurt on it..knowing yogurt is bad for guinea pigs well...anything dairy is actually . i was wondering if once and while i can give him ONE (like ever 2 months or so) cause i dont want them to go to waist but if i have to i will.

No good. Just toss them out.
Bits of fruit are so much healthier (and natural) for your piggy.

I wouldn't recommend it, you should trash them. The best treat is a little piece of fruit (Strawberry, apple, or banana sparingly because it can cause bloat) 1-2 times a week. Guinea pigs can't digest dairy products very well so I would think even one yogurt drop would upset their stomachs. Sorry!

Ugh oh no :( i gave him a bit of one..now im worried! ugh i feel stupid D:

He should be ok. Might just end up with a bit of a tummy ache. But don't give him anymore please.

You wouldn't want to give a dairy to a child that was lactosintolerent, and you do't want to give it to piggies either.

I dont have to take him to the vet will i? i dont have the money at the moment...

Probably not. The only reason I would see a need for that is if he has a severe reaction to the treat, but otherwise, just a small tummy ache until it passes through his system.

How would i no if he has a upset tummy? and what can i do to help it?

My girls just LOVE Simple Rewards Veggie Treats. They know the sound of the container that they are in and coming running to the door of the cage...

treats

Im asking for those for my birthday :)

Does anybody know if rats or bunnies can have those yogurt treats? I have some also that came in hay, I knew not to feed them to my boys but was going to give them to family members that have the rats and bunnies.

:( thanks for making me feel bad! And google it..

i wouldnt use them, but simple reward treats are really good mine do circles for them!
but you can tell by their poos and their eating habit :)

Does anybody know if rats or bunnies can have those yogurt treats? I have some also that came in hay, I knew not to feed them to my boys but was going to give them to family members that have the rats and bunnies.

Rats are omnivores so they can have yogurt treats. Bunnies can't have them.

Ollie is doing better :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.