Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Traveling with the pigs

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Hello,
I will be taking a 3 and half hour car ride to Charlotte, NC. Usually when I take the drive from college, I put my boars in a laundry basket with towels and they got along fine since they were a long bonded pair. Since I have made the drive, Scout's companion Oliver passed to the Rainbow Bridge and I have gotten a new baby, Harper. He is 3 months old.
Scout is quite tolerant of him and has never shown aggression to him. Scout is a very laid back piggy to begin with, but do you think it would be a bad idea to have he and Harper in the same basket on the drive together? I have two laundry baskets and room in my car if they should be separated, but I'm worried about that because Harper gets distressed when he's away from Scout.
I also always line their basket with hay so it's a big cuddle cup of towels and hay!
Any tips on traveling with the piggies would be great!
Thank you! :)

That's basically how I travel with my pigs, I'm a big fan.

I test it out by putting my pigs together in their travel crate beforehand, before we have to travel. If they can hang out for a half hour in there I figured they would be fine during the drive.

Why not try it around the block, or down to the gas station and back? They'll let you know very shortly how they feel about it.
I think - but don't really know, that they should be fine. They'll probably huddle together and try to stay calm. My guinea pig loved car rides, and would always want to be on my lap or in my hoodie (I wasn't driving then).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.