Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

traveling cage

L

LisaJ429

traveling cage

Any ideas of what makes a good size traveling cage for two piggies?

Thanks

:rollin:

Re: traveling cage

What about a small pet taxi? Something suitable for a small dog.

I picked up this nice carrier at Petsmart today. It's the size of a large purse made for carrying small dogs. I put my guineas in it and took them around. They loved it. The inside has a soft, cottony lining, and there are outside pockets that hold a cell phone, keys, etc. There is mesh on the top and a mesh window on one side. It was actually on sale for $15, which was fine by me. It's much more convenient than the other carrier I have, and it's a perfect size for my two girls.

Marlania

That carrier sounds like a great idea, I am going to have to find it for my boys. Gizmo and CJ would probably love to go for a ride in something other than their regular cage. Usually I just sit it on the back seat of our car, and lodge it in with something, so it is safe, but the carrier might be a much better idea. Thank you for posting this message. :D

I use a one storey hamster cage that's about 24 in 19 in but I only need it to go to the vet which is a 10 minute walk from my house. If I had to take my pigs futher I'd get a plastic cat carrier. Most of the carriers made for smaller animals are tiny

I have a small pet taxi for my guinea pig. I had him in that to bring him home with (all the way from Ohio) and when I clean his cage I put him in there.

Bridge =)

Traveling cage

I happened to stop in my local Goodwill store and found a carrier for $4 and it had two water bottles with it so I think someone else had used it for the same purpose. I brought it home and scrubbed it up. Looks good!

Lisa :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.