Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Travel cage

AmeliaBedelia

Cavy Slave
Just travelled with my guinea pig for the first time. We went to visit my parents by the beach and it went so well!!!

I had gotten a small plastic carrier for her to travel in....only $14!

and then since her 2X3 cage is a little too large to travel....I found a rather nice size plastic under-the-bed container and used my left over grids to form a 'fence' around it. It was great! A little miniature version of her at-home one. And the grids collapsed to fit right inside the container during travel time. My parents and sister were quite impressed! and it worked so well.

Just wanted to share.....plus I think traveling with her made us bond a little more....ever since we've been back, she's been much more social and playful with me!!!

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
I've travelled with my pigs too. Originally I only had one pig and I made a 1x1 C&C cage for trips. Now though I have two pigs and it's just not big enough so I need to get some more coroplast and grids and turn it into a 1x2 for them. For running around town they just stay in a big purse that I got at target.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That's neat!!! Thanks for sharing! =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.