Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Too Many Piggies?

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
Well, there are several bonded pairs of males in my area, and I've already got one piggy and a 2x6 C&C cage. I know boars generally need more room than sows, but would three boars in a 2x6 be crowded? I've heard people say that they wouldn't put three boars in anything less than a 2x7, but the guide lines on guineapigcages.com says that a 2x6 is fine for as much as four pigs. What do you think?

PS
Unless I move around the furniture a lot, I won't be able to fit in anything larger than a 2x6.

PSS

For those of you that are having trouble finding piggies for adoption, I recently tried searching in the "community" section of craigslist for "guinea" and I came up with a lot more piggies than I did with a general area search.

Three boars in a 2x6 should work, particularly if that's 2 grids x 6 grids, and not 2'x6'.

It's 2x6 grids :).

I think that would work as long as you have extra hideys, water and food bowels. Just be prepared to move furniture if they want bigger:D!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.