Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Too Healthy?

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
I know this is a weird question, and I probably already know the answer, but it's been begging to be asked, so here we go. My pigs have never had any health problems. When they were born, no CC was needed. They grew up, gained weight, etc. They've never had URIs, and they've never had any infections actually. They're active (although I'd like to see them popcorn and do piggy laps more) and seem quite healthy. Now, me, being overly worried, is starting to wonder; is this too healthy? Most people I know have had at least one or two problems with their pigs health, but I haven't had any! Is this completely normal? They are a year and 8mos. Could there be something wrong that they're cleverly hiding, or are they simply healthy girls? Thanks. :cheerful:

Nope, they aren't too healthy. You are just doing everything right. I have only had one pig with health problems and I've had over 40 in my life time. The only problem I had was a rescue sow with mites and an abcess. We've never had URI's, UTI's, ovarian cysts, etc... We've also never had to use CC either.

Apparently you're doing a great job taking care of your pigs. Good job!

The only problem I've had so far was an abscess on one of my girls, which occurred a few months ago. I still haven't figured out how that one happened. Otherwise, I've been blessed with healthy pigs.

Most of my cavies are very healthy, except for a rescue that I had(he sadly died a few months ago) and one of my cavies. Another one came to us healthy but with very bad nails, and Ruby was bloated a few days ago(luckily nothing bad happened). I have 8 cavies and only 1 has had something wrong with them, but still did not need medication.

2 rescues I got had mites then gave them to Mu. I didn't notice it untill I put them with Mu and he started itching more. Some pigs itch more some pigs less. So they are getting and almost done with being treated.

I haven't had any health problems with my pigs either except when Moppy gave birth to a dead pup and then when I lost Marnie. My pigs are all really healthy.

What do you guys mean by "CC"?

Critical Care. As far as I know, it's the stuff that is given to pigs who can't eat; it gets nutrients into their bodies.

All my pigs have been mostly healthy...the only problems I have had over the past 2 years are Charlie ripping his nail off and Charlie with his skin problem (which turned out to be Mange).

You're obviously doing a brilliant job with your pigs, TheQueen. Be proud!

Haha, okay thanks guys. 😌 (That's supposed to be the relieved smiley. o.0 )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.