Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos Tomorrow we get our piggies!

littledinobug

Cavy Slave
The SPCA boars didn't really pan out. :( They were sweet little men..until one decided to stank and that just..well boarly boars..my husband didn't want something like that going off when he's at his computer (That or he didn't want an animal to out stink him hehehe it's a male thing? I dunno).

Well, one of his co-workers got a female from (yes I know) a pet store, and she came with 3 little surprises. 3 little girl surprises. So we're going to be adopting 2 of them tomorrow, the other one is staying with her mommy to keep her company.

:D

I put some touches on the cage for them: I put a scrap of carpet on the ramp, I made a kind of hammock/cuddle out of an old pillowcase rolled back and clipped to the bottom bit of the tier up there. I could move it if it proves to be a problem, the yellow is just some faux fuzzy fur stuff I had laying around in my sewing scraps. (My machine is in the garage..still)

Found a tube that was used to send posters in through the mail...cut that and put it under the ramp as another hidey place. that little cardboard stick is just a tube they can gnaw and play with. We'll probably get a parrot toy from the supply store down the street for added fun tomorrow. Don't want our piggies to get bored.

Husband is going to make a hay rack today probably out of the leftover coroplast.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Tomorrow we get our piggies!

Wow! Looks adorable and cozy! Can't wait to see pictures. How old are the ones you are adopting?

You need to increase the height of the grids along the edge of the loft because they can jump over the height you have it at now. The fall could kill them.

@mythoughtsandi I think they're about a month, not too sure. He wanted to keep all of them but I guess 4 piggies were just too much for him.

@pinky I'll let my husband know when he gets back from lunch that he needs to put some more grids on the loft. thanks for pointing it out.

Oh ok. Well make sure you post pictures ASAP! :) I don't know too much about baby proofing a cage but you might want to look into it some more. I've read that you need to double over the grids so that they won't get their heads stuck in them.

We got our two little girls! They turned 2 months today I guess. They're both short haired little girls. One is almost all white with a bit of roaning by the ear, and the other one is a very light tan. When we put them in the cage they went to the pigloos and tunnels so I can't really take pictures of them yet. I'll wait until they're out eating some hay before I snap a pic. They really are adorable...they didn't like the car ride much, but I don't blame them. One decided to wheek pretty loudly in the crate.

I totally forgot their names! The White one is called Sugar and the Light tan/white one is called Chuzzle. :D

Congrats on your new pigs. You'll have to babyproof your cage.
(broken link removed)

[GuineaPigCages.com] Tomorrow we get our piggies![GuineaPigCages.com] Tomorrow we get our piggies!

This one is Sugar This one is Chuzzle.

That's all I can get of them right now. They're really healthy but they're pretty skittish right now. Sugar likes under the ramp and Chuzzle likes the pigloo. Sugar has a roany patch on the other side of her head...she's like "Here's my 'good' side now leave me be" lol

I'll see if we have any extra cubes around to babyproof.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.