Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pigsitting Tips on boarding guinea pigs?

pandaloki

Cavy Slave
Next month I'm going away for five days and I don't have anyone to take care of my piggies, everyone's too busy. I found a pet hotel, they're very credible, it's connected to an animal hospital so I thought about boarding them there. I'm a little worried though because it's not like everyday pet hotels would have guinea pigs. Anyone here have experienced boarding their piggies? I'm not sure how it's going to work, I've only called them to check if they accept guinea pigs but I'm going there tomorrow to see the place so I can have an idea of what to do.

I worry about a lot of things, like vegetables. Can veggies last for 5-6 days or should I give them a small list and extra money to buy some? Also about the fleece, should I ask them to change it or is it okay for it to last that long? Should I even use the C&C cage?

Do they possibly have references for people whose small animals they're cared for in the past? That might be a good way to set your mind at ease.

It's hard to find a good boarding facility, although some are finally taking notice of the small animal market. Disney World has a fairly new animal boarding kennel, run by Best Friends, that has a devoted area for pets like birds, piggies, fish, etc. I wish more places would be that proactive!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.