Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Tips for driving cross-country with the girls

HolyCowBunny

Cavy Slave
We are moving from WA to TN in June and *think* that I will drive with my oldest son and the littles will fly out with my hubby. We will pack up the C&C cage and probably get a "large" store cage from craigslist for transportation purposes. My girls are well-bonded, 1.5 year-old sisters, so I'm hoping they'll be okay in close quarters for a bit. I think we'll be looking at a 4-5 day trip, stopping each night. Other than booking at pet-friendly hotels, what advice can you give me? Thanks so much!

I would highly recommend this water bottle - (broken link removed) - They will ship to the U.S. I use it in the cage while we drive to the vet and it truly is drip free even with movement. I searched everywhere for this certain valve, as Edstrom stopped making these bottles. This site must have a stock pile of them to sell still.

It does not however, guard against those piggies who like to play with the water bottle allowing it to drip everywhere (I have those piggies!) :p

Last edited:
Thank you! There's some really good info there. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.