Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Treats Timothy Hay blocks?

GusGusandOreo

Cavy Slave
Hello everybody,

I was just curious if anyone else has given hay blocks to their piggies. I bought them when I first got my guinea pigs and then realized they had alfalfa hay in them as well. So, I stopped giving them to them until a few days ago, I gave them one just as a little gift and I forgot how much they liked them. They seem to chew on them more then eat them because they make quite a mess in their cage. But, I don't know, just curious on other people opinions!

Thank you.

I use hay cakes but only once and awhile since they are soooo messy.
I think they are fine to have for piggies.
Better than a lot of other junk people buy for treats!

Thanks! I've actually never heard of hay cakes. I googled it and I think that I'll get some of those over they hay blocks I have now since they are Kaytee brand. Thanks again.

They are fine as an occasional treat. Please make sure your pigs have long strand hay available at all times, too.

Of course. They have unlimited hay. I just bought 25lbs of hay from KMS that should be here tomorrow!

I feed them now and then for variety, but they're expensive compared to regular hay. I'm really trying not to fall for pet store items that aren't neccessary-like treats, hay blocks, and all these toys the stores have.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.