Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wood Pellets/Chips Times to clean?

Vbs_babygirl

Cavy Slave
We have a C&C cage (Cubes and Chips : P ) and we just set it up a day ago. Because it is a lot larger than the store bought cage that I had when I first got my guinea pig, I don't have to clean it as hasty as I did before. When should I clean it? Like how many times a week and when should I clean it completely?

Times to clean?

I clean mine every 3-5 days when i used chips, when i used carefresh every 3 days....

Why is it divided? A 2x2 is too small for one pig. You can spot clean to make the bedding stay fresh longer. When I detect an odor or the poop isn't mixing into the bedding, I would change it. I found that lining with newpaper before adding the bedding made it easier to clean out.

As needed. There is no set time period. The average varies. Your cage is too small, and therefore you'll probably need to clean it entirely every 3 days max.

They have enough room and with plenty of floor time they are fine. V was fine even in his store bought cage that was half that size! It's divided because we have an unspayed female next door to him. We have limited space where we live, so to have this, it's amazing!

Thank you for the cleaning tips. That was all I was asking Lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.