Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Not Eating Tilt and balance

Emilya57

Cavy Gazer
So I‘ve had a problem with my 4 month old guinea since about two weeks after I got her
She one night was acting funny and kept moving her head and eyes like she was spinning/dizzy and we couldn’t get her to the vet yet but since then she’s acted completely fine aside from 3 things
1) She has a noticeable tilt to the left
2) When picked up (with her stomach on my chest, face towards me) she falls to the left
3) She’s got kinda bad balance. Not too bad
Aside from the tilt giving her bad balance overall she acts perfectly fine. She runs, eats, and plays with the other guinea perfectly fine.
Im in a Vet class so I‘ve been taught the signs to look for like an odd coloration, smell, or odd skin in her ears and any discharge, pain, bites or bugs and nothing is off. All of her visual signs are completely normal.
Aside from the tilt there is nothing visibly wrong with her. And the other guinea is perfectly fine all together
I think it might be a neurological problem
anybody seen it before?

Last edited:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

Emilya57

Cavy Gazer
I’m not new to owning guineas. I’m new to this website. And like I said. She has no other signs whatsoever. So it’s not 100% an ear infection because I‘ve already called and they said it’s a strong possibility that it’s not.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Your pig, your call. If it were mine, she'd be on treatment for an ear infection.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.