Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thought it was mites. It was stress.

Sweet Pea

Cavy Slave
My piggies were losing their hair and had alot of white flakes I treated them for mites. It didn't seem to work. I moved some of my other animals outside and it went away. I think they were stressed from the other critters. Now they 100% happy piggies

Last edited:

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
What animals did you move outside?

How did you treat them for mites?

mtaylor33557

Cavy Slave
Glad to hear they're getting better, I've heard that stress can make mites flare up. I think my girls are more stressed by humans than critters.I have a little peek a poo that stays in the house. She usually is sectioned to a part of the house not containing the piggies, but when I'm home in the evenings she gets to have full run.

She LOVES the piggies. She has incredible motherly instinct and is always wanting to baby and nurture things. Puppies, Kittens, and obviously guinea pigs. The pigs are up off the ground so she can't reach the cage but sometimes she'll stand up on her hind legs and put her nose to the cage. My youngest piggie will return my sticking her nose to the same spot. It's too cute. She would never hurt them, I would never let her near them anyway. But I think they know that shes in no way a threat and happily bounce around with her watching.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.