Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

This sound has me worried...

endzie

Cavy Slave
Its weird.. my piggy today just started making this gurgle weird sound.. Well I went over to his cage and he wasnt choking or anything.. So I gave him a little lap time and then put him back in his cage.

I turned off the light because its pretty late as I am typing this (2:30 AM in the morn) and again he makes this gurgle weird sound.. its not even a weeking sound its different.

Is this just him trying to get my attention? Or should I be worried?

Doesn't sound like anything bad to me. Sometimes they'll make weird noises. But I didn't hear it, so I don't know what you mean by gurgling.

its probably a rumble strut type thing, him marking his territory mine make that noise alot. It could be purring but usually purring isnt that loud.

is it like a motor sound. From time to time mine makes a motor sound.

Was he shaking his bum at the time?

Piglet said:
Was he shaking his bum at the time?
Well when I heard the sound, I immediately ran over to him and he just looked totally normal and was looking at me. I mean he wasnt eating anything or doing nothing.. When he did it the second time, I looked at him and it seemed as if he just wanted my attention?

I think he's fine

I hope so.

p.s. your avatar is sooooo cute

Piglet said:
p.s. your avatar is sooooo cute
Thanks!! Its my little guy posing for the camera.

I think he's one of the cuteset pigs I'v ever seen!

Your pig is a real sweetie. But I'd like more description on this mysterious sound your pig is making. Is it like a loud hiccup?

See, thats more of a chirping.. He actually sounded like he was snorting or some weird sound.. I cant really describe it.

I initally thought that he was choking.

he could have been sneezing

Well I know it wasnt a sneeze, because I have heard him sneeze before and I recognize that sound.

Coughing maybe?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.