Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

This site is great!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
The only problem with this form right now is you.

You have no basis at all for starting this thread. I do not "get" what you are having a problem understanding.

You read the hay poll yesterday but not quite well enough to read the part about not posting on that thread. You posted anyway asking why we want to know. I answered your question about why we had the poll and then today, for some reason I do not comprehend, you started a verbal poll about what types of hay people feed. Basically you were asking for the exact same information that was supplied by a poll you read only the day before.

Knock it off and stop asking every person you meet in chat what they feed. I think enough people have alreday told you Oxbow or KMs. Stop trying to bribe the mods and admin and owner with money to become a mod. I'll tell you right now that you will never be a mod on this forum.

Your little games on GuineaLynx got you banned from there. If you try to play the same games here you will get another banning.

By the way, stop sending the members here unsolicited Emails. That alone can get you banned.

I'm not going to close this yet, but you are correct. It will get closed.

That reminds me. If any members that have not already reported getting unsolicited emails or PMs from Piggies4Life and find it annoying please feel free to PM me ar any of the other mods and let us know.

Just an additional FYI, there are similar rules on other forums for the same reasons they are here. To make the forum enjoyable and easy to read for everyone. The rules are enforced other places as well. Not just here.
This is a great forum.

This site is great - full stop. (I think the American version is "This site is great - period"). And I have never seen anyone jumped on for a single spelling mistake or typo in an otherwise rational post. It's only people who really don't try to keep the rules who get warned or impacted.

Yeah, great FULL STOP! I love everything about this site and it's good that you should always capitalize (right spelling?) and try your best to spell, because then you understand what people are saying!

It honestly takes me only a few seconds to copy a post into Word, correct my spelling mistakes, the paste it back. Watch, I'll do it right now: wow! So fast!

I think this poster gave great evidence in favor of having strict spelling and grammar rules. It look me MUCH longer to read this post than it would have if the sentences were properly constructed and words spelled even almost correctly. The chatspeak, the spelling errors, the improper grammar... it is all easier to write, but very difficult to read. I support proper posting!!

I too dislike improper spelling like when people do text speak. I have some friends I speak to online and when talking to them on instant messaging I end up ending the conversation as I cannot understand what they are on about.

Text speak and bad spelling gives me a headache and in the end I do not bother to read the post if it is a load of garbage. Okay, the occassional improper mistake is to be expected but its so quick to check it all.

It honestly takes me only a few seconds to copy a post into Word, correct my spelling mistakes, the paste it back. Watch, I'll do it right now: wow! So fast!

You have explained it like it's meant. But, there is also a button at the top, right hand corner of the text box that says "ABC". Or, if you notice a mistake that the program doesn't point out, click the edit button. :)

Well I use Firefox so I don't get that handy ABC botton like you IE users do. But I don't mind spending a few extra seconds to copy and paste.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that FireFox users didn't get that.

Actually, us firefox users no longer have an excuse either. If you copy/paste the following into the address bar, you get a spell checker and a dictionary.

(broken link removed)

then

(broken link removed)

(note: I can't get the link tag to be removed, but you have to copy/paste the link, not just click on them, or they won't try to install)

Restart your browser... Then you just right-click in any place you're typing, hit 'check spelling...' and watch the magic happen. :)

Of course, Linux users might still have an excuse, as I've not tried it there yet, but still!

Text speech is very difficult for people whose first language isn't English, you have to say the sentence out loud several times before actually figuring out was has been said - I am all for correct spelling and grammar, but then do apologise for any mistakes I probably do make.

You post with better English than a lot of people on here Lucy. Don't worry about your occasional mistakes. :)

You post with better English than a lot of people on here Lucy. Don't worry about your occasional mistakes. :)

I agree. You at least try and you do a good job.

Personally, I can overlook the occasional mis-spelling or grammar, but chat speak and no capitaliation is just annoying. Or, to put it differently, mistakes done on purpose is a bad no-no.
There are many of us that have English as a second language (in my case, it's actually third, I am already bilingual because of my family), and we do make an effort, but there is no excuse for being lazy.

That's exactly how I feel Kjerstimoo. It's the intentional stuff that bothers me the most. If someone has English as their second language, I don't mind at all if their post is riddled with mistakes. They are DOING THEIR BEST. Someone who learned to spell "you" in the first grade and still types "u", there is no excuse for.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.