Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

This Is Terrible...

Teria

Cavy Slave
This is horrible. That poor dog. :( Though I thought your pets were guinea pigs until somewhere far down you mentioned dogs.

As a foreigner, I wonder what kind of "grooming" you're all talking about. Does it mean hair cut? It sounds like something you do regularly, which is weird cause there are almost no "pet grooming" shops here in Germany, at least not enough for me to know where I'd find one. What kind of pet requires a kind of regular grooming which you can't do yourself?

Not trying to step on anyone's feet here, I'm just curious.

Smashmymitten

Cavy Slave
Teria, Some people like to have their dogs cut in the certain ways for the breed.. I guess some do it for style but its really to keep the dogs fur from getting tangled,to keep ears clean and to make sure the claws are short.
Most importantly to get your dog to being used to handled, so shes used to being checked over by you or the vet.

Its a truely sad story, we have pets at home who groom and vet over here but never have my parents taken their dogs there.
Money no object when it comes to our dogs who are part of the family,
my parents have had their own groomer who does both dogs and most importantly they come home happy and smelling like roses :D .

Again im truely sorry Op for your boyfriends friend :(.

Edit - Also you could cut your dogs fur by yourself i guess.. but last time my mum did that poor poppy made us laugh for a month :D.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
This is what PetSMART did to my Bichon: They shaved her down to the skin in January, in New England. I specified hypoallergenic shampoo but they knew better. When she went into a scratching frenzy they gave her a flea dip against my order which made her scratch MORE. They shaved her so close that they shaved the top off the mole on her back and she looked PINK. She had to be treated with prednisone for the allergic reaction. She had to have the sliced mole treated and she had to have another bath because she reeked of some spray they used that smelled just like Febreze. Go ahead & ask me the difference between Petco and Petsmart...Spelling, that's all.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Go ahead & ask me the difference between Petco and Petsmart...Spelling, that's all

Slightly off topic, but what a wonderful phrase! I love it. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.