Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n this erked me at work today

yogacatbun

Cavy Slave
Ok so I work in a health food store...that also has a deli. I actually had a girl say to me "you know applegate farms (the brand of this sliced deli meat) got a reward for treating the animals good, that should make it ok then right" (she kinda mumbled that last part though and then got a lb of it). It got me thinking....how sad is it that you are rewarded for how you treat an animal before you kill it? I don't want to get into the whole killing thing....but should all of the animals be treated good weather to die or not to. I think it's good that they do live a good life in the mean time but it's just sad that not everyone in that sorta business does treat them good or great or whatever....:melodramasorry for the rant....

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
I understand what you mean. I didn't know about factory farming and the extent the meat animals suffered until a few years ago. Previously I thought they lived happy lives then were humanley killed. Even with this thought it was still wrong to me to take a life unneccessarily and I stopped eating meat at age 13. My mum told me meat came from animals when I was 4 years old and 32 years later I still clearly remember how horrified I was. I cannot get my head around how people can think its acceptable to kill other living beings just to satisfy their taste buds.

yogacatbun

Cavy Slave
I understand what you mean. I didn't know about factory farming and the extent the meat animals suffered until a few years ago. Previously I thought they lived happy lives then were humanley killed. Even with this thought it was still wrong to me to take a life unneccessarily and I stopped eating meat at age 13. My mum told me meat came from animals when I was 4 years old and 32 years later I still clearly remember how horrified I was. I cannot get my head around how people can think its acceptable to kill other living beings just to satisfy their taste buds.
same here, can't understand it one bit, yeh I became a veg when I was about 10-11, puked all over my steak when i was 6 when I found out it was made from cow. Good times...

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave

Yup, same here. I can't stand meals where the rest of my family is eating meat, I can't even look at their plates, because I feel about ready to puke .:sick: I can't even stand the smell of meat! :yuck:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.