Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thinking about the HAFF diet.. Again..

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
I'm thinking of just using the HAFF diet all over again.. Because now, my pigs hardly get any pellets as it is, and they don't complain- I only fill their bowls up every 4-5 days and they get a handful each pig- which actually is NOT a lot. It goes by in one day.. They don't seem to care if they're there or not, just something to munch on when they're bored. Should I just take out the pellets totally?

Should I try the HAFF diet again? Last time they were SO squeaky, but this time they aren't at all.. Maybe it's because I reduced their pellets slowly? Any thoughts on this?

Oh, this is totally random, but I'm so happy- Kleenmama now does hay in 45 lb boxes instead of 35lbs! Now it will last even longer..

I just think it's so strange that some pigs on here are dependant on pellets! If I do put them in the cage they'll take a nibble, but then go back to the readigrass or hay. Go ahead and try it - just make sure you up their diet of vegetables to make sure they are getting enough vitamin C.

Wish I had your pigs. My vet says that my piggies are overweight so I'm trying to limit the pellet to 1/4 cup per pig. I give them half in the am and the other half at night. You'd think they were starved the way they gobble them all down in a few minutes.

My piggies have pellets available but the 6 of them eat mayve 1/4 cup a day total for all 6. They mainly eat the veggies, fruits, and hay. I keep the pellets in there because I feel its better safe than sorry and I see it like taking a multivitamin for them. As long as they dont eat much of them I feel its not a problem.

whats the HAFF diet?

Hay and fresh foods diet. It's where your pigs don't get pellets, only veggies/hay/fruits.

I was going to put Chip and Rodney on the HAFF diet, but I talked to my mom about the pellets and she said we can start getting plain.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.