Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The weather

Bonbonpie

Cavy Slave
I can't believe it's January and it's almost 70 degrees in New England. How bizarre is that. I'm ready to go swimming, lol.:rolleyes:

NMPiggyMom

Cavy Champion
Cavy Slave
And......here I am sitting in the desert southwest with 12 inches of snow in the front yard.....that has melted down from the 24 inches we got a week ago. Another small storm came through last night giving us 2 new inches. The temperture is 30 degrees at mid-morning. It seems the weather trends are really different this year. Enjoy your spring-like weather!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Well over here in the Northeast side of the US I see grass and it's pretty warm during the day. All I see on the ground is a few patches of snow and some ice in the driveway and grass.

amptondooz

Cavy Slave
Here in North East England it says expect blizzards next week. I hope it's true, I want to miss school!

zarrion101

Cavy Slave
We've had loads of rain here in Wales for the past few days. I can't really remembe if it was fine today but it's ok now, just a bit cold. :)

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
NMPM, I am a bit jealous. I am not too sure how I am supposed to be going to a winter festival up north in a few weeks when there has been no winter!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Well, Scotland has been really stormy lately! Not freezing cold - but windy and wet, with a fair few trees blown over etc (and we had an earthquake over Christmas too!)

My son is camping this weekend! He has had it good - until now - the rain has started! Prepare for a houseful of wet tents, and muddy boots!

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
It's 70 degrees in New Jersey! I feel like it's spring, didn't even need a jacket today.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Wow.. thats crazy.. Its the opposite here.. 56 degrees.. but Im in Texas!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Heck I had to turn on the AC last night when I was cleaning the cages. Made me so mad! The apartment is wide open now. I have a fan on the floor on both sides of the bed.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
We've had some pretty wacky weather here as well, it was like 13C on Christmas Day (you have to remember I live in Australia and it's Summer!) It actually SNOWED it some of the mountain areas on Christmas Eve, it barely snowed during Winter, and for it to snow during the middle of summer was...bizarre to say the least.

But yeah, this Summer the lowest was 5C and the highest was 42C, to have such a huge range in temps is very odd.

And my town only had 127mm of rain last year, our average is around 550mm, with our next lowest at around 250mm, so people in the city are actually starting to understand the problems that farmers have (I live in a farming community).

xDanix

Cavy Slave
Here is summer too, so the temperature stands in 25 to 35C, and that´s because Sao Paulo is not so hot...
If one just goes to the Northeast region or to Rio, will find temperatures raising to 46C.
I hate living in a country so hot, it´s terrible.
Liloo doesn´t have problems with that. But my chinchilla almost died last week, with convulsions. We are lucky because we have a friend that is vet and came to our house at midnight to save him. Because here in Brazil these types of animals are not so known, so we couldn´t find a 24H Vet Hospital that could attend my chinchilla (and I live in the biggest city in Brazil! Imagine a smaller one). They just attend dogs and cats...pretty awful.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Az has been very cold also. Freezing almost every night, then the 50-60's doing the day. We have had some rain in the valley snow in the mountains.
I have no heat so myself and all my critters have been bundleling up. My piggie's have all been in their cuddle cups and tents.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Brisbane Australia is confused.
One side of the city is sweltering heat the other side is raining and people are in their jumpers and scarves and it's alternating between days.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Ok, had to post this here...

Its Texas and it is 27 degrees!!!

Carissa

Cavy Slave
This week has been freezing in Manitoba. The other day is was -34C. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's like -30F, right? Very cold anyways plus with the windchill makes it seems much lower. To go outside, I had to wear so many clothes that I could hardly walk.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Susan must be dying right now....

Actually I dont think its that cold up in Dallas.. Just in the Houston and surrounding areas.. Im not sure though..

Cavy Ema

Cavy Slave
Here in NW Arkansas it's SUPER icy all over everything but the roads. It's supposed to snow more this weekend and has not been over freezing since last week.

Pretty much all over has been evacuated at least once because the ice is causing so much damages there are power outages everywhere. Ours was out since Saturday morning and just got back up yesterday. We've been staying elsewhere because it's just way too cold.

I would really love for some of this "warm" that you all are talking about! I've almost forgotten what it's like. lol

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It hit 10 degrees out where I live. Unheard of for AZ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.