Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

the waiting game

mefingas

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to vent a little. I was planning on adopting a guinea pig and one of her babies, but right now out of the 6; 4 are males and all are adopted out. The only one left to adopt is the one the vet wasn't sure if the baby is a female. The vet said there was a 75% it is a female but wanted to be sure. So I get to wait till wednesday to find out. I really hope it turns out to be a she. The only thing I am picky about is that I want a female.

I think I have everything ready, the cage is all put up. We have a water bottle, hide, bedding, bowls, some toys, and on wednesday we get the hay and also the food and other stuff. The only other thing I have been thinking about if whether or not to try to litter train. I looked on how I was wondering if anyone has had luck or no luck.

critterlover

Cavy Slave
Some people manage to train their pigs to pee in one place. But I think they drop their beans everywhere. Mine actually was very good about peeing in one place when I had aspen bedding and 1 towel in the same place every day. He always peed on the towel but never in his cozy. Probably not as easy to train as a cat though. You have to expect a certain amount of work cleaning the cage every day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.