Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The stupidity of some people astounds me...

JEMZY

Cavy Slave
I dont see the point...

iLoveDusty

Cavy Slave
Oh, I see what you mean. I'm sorry I didn't understand, but now I do.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The point of the thread that I linked to is that not everyone will always get along on this forum.

JEMZY

Cavy Slave
I meant between guinea pig world and here.

C&R5567

Cavy Slave
Of course this doesn't apply to everyone who posted on this thread, but I have never seen so many stinking whiners and crybabies and complainers who can't spell or put together a coherent sentence to illustrate a point, all in one place at one time. :rolleyes:

Skinnypig
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Skinnypig said:
I just find all this very imature.These are two different forums,ccc people should stay in their own forum and take care of their own members and problems and GPW should stay in their own forum also,this should be done unless we all agree not to go on another fourm and come back and diss that forum.ITs just stupid.You have all proven your points on how you hate breeding and so on...well there it is,get over it guys.:shhh:

I'm not the one posting on the other forum. I don't agree with it, so I don't post there. If you don't agree with it then stay away from here. I'm not the one whinging on the other forums.

C&R5567 - I wish I knew what group of people you were referring to!

Skinnypig

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Skinnypig said:
i never personally pointed this at you :S if you clearly read what i worte i was saying that everyone that does this should stick to their own things

This I know! Amen.

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
Skinnypig said:
I just find all this very imature.These are two different forums,ccc people should stay in their own forum and take care of their own members and problems and GPW should stay in their own forum also,this should be done unless we all agree not to go on another fourm and come back and diss that forum.ITs just stupid.You have all proven your points on how you hate breeding and so on...well there it is,get over it guys.:shhh:
Oh Skinny pig what do you mean? I am a member of that forum and this one. I am embarrassed about what some of the members from there do over here. It is NOT a competition about which site is better than the other. This site is outstanding and very very valuable. If you breed, don't come over here knowing it is anti breeding! I was a breeder years ago. It is like someone coming into your home and leaving a bad smell behind, it is not polite or respectful. I don't find the other site being critisized here, so why do members from there come over here and speak as if they are speaking for the entire population from GPW?????

DaCourt

Cavy Slave
What some people are failing to realize is that it should NOT be an us vs them in any situation. I am a member here, GL, the Pigloo and a few others. Each has their own thing going for them. The 3 I mentioned my name are the ones I find have the most merit, and the most knowledgable of all the sites I have been too.

All too often, I find people joining this site in particular just to bash, or to rip people apart. It is disgusting. I really think that the reason people from here go to other sites to offer help is because they are generally concerned about ALL pigs. They want to make sure people get the best info that is available.

BTW...Skinnypig....please use a dictionary and use caps. Your post are unintelligable.

Skinnypig

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
You are so banned. Now I have to decide how much of your garbage mouth to edit out so as not to start a real forum war.

Hansel

Cavy Slave
I have always found people here very respectful, hence why I spend a lot of my free time reading and posting here. Badmouthing people is not going to win anyone brownie points anywhere that I know of.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Well, I've decided. I'm going to let it stand as a testament to your personality, IQ, bigotry and hypocrisy.

To my Cavy Cage forum members:

I'm leaving this thread open, HOWEVER, I DO NOT want anyone to respond to this person. Please do not make me edit or delete any posts that go against my wishes. This person is now considered a TROLL.

IF you want to add a comment to this thread, stick to the original post as if it were a general comment about a situation.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm very, very serious about this, NO ONE is to reply to this person.

DaCourt, please accept my apologies to you on behalf of the other forum and Cavy Cages. I am going to assume that this person has not been designated as their official spokesperson and would not appreciate such drivel. You are a highly respected and valued member and contributor of our community.

Now, back to the topic, although I don't think much more needs to be said.

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
The pig in question has finally made it to the vet. 5 days later?!
Poor piggie.

DaCourt

Cavy Slave
Don't worry. As I have said before in other posts, I do NOT let someone I do not know, who's views are so skewed in one direction, to effect or offend me. I actually think the response directed as me was rather humorous.

I appreciate that both you, Cavy Spirit and kathrynj(who sent me a pm) felt the need to offer me an apology. We can't control the actions of someone who is determined to do what they want. I have a pretty tough skin for this sort of thing. Espially since I know what I said was honest and true. No regrets.

Carry on...

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
Back to the original topic: The stupidity of some people with regards to their guinea pigs health problems.

In some ways the internet, though a valuable source of guinea health care information...has turned some people into " non qualified cyber-vets."
There are some minor problems that an experienced owner can identify and treat at home, seeking professional advice if symptoms don't improve very quickly.

However on some sites, it is not unusual to see people asking for advice online, when they sould be on the telephone to their own vet for an appointment...routine or emergency. I think that the reluctance to contact is down to the financial implications, sadly some owners cannot or rather will not (in some instances) pay for a veterinary consultation and relevant treatment.

I was horrified to read once where a guinea pig had lacerated it's eye, and people were recommending ointments from the chemist! That guinea pig should have been taken to a vet as soon as possible. Eye injuries have the potential to be very serious, as most of us on here will already know.

Sometimes I ponder where the blame really lies, at the ignorant owners, or the "experts" who dole out dangerous and potentially lethal advice?

I'll say again, there is some excellent advice and information out there, but also some very scary stuff and people.
I consider myself an experienced owner, but if in any doubt, I have no hesitation in picking the phone up and calling my vet surgery, and the vet out if needed.

Like everyone involved in rescue, at any level, I have heard some real horror stories in my time, re people trying to treat their guinea pigs at home via information from books, web sites / "guinea pig experts" or a breeder :weepy:

If people can't afford veterinary care for their guinea pigs they shouldn't have them...period.
In the UK, those who are in receipt of certain benefits are thankfully eligible for "free" treatment, via the PDSA, simply making a donation. So, there should be no excuse.

Barbara

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.