Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The stupidity of some people astounds me...

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
This always seems to happen. Look this is a thread regarding do it yourself tooth trimming and why it was wrong. Its about teeth not about anything else.

Not breeding, not which forum is better, not insults, not anything else except teeth.

Is that so hard to understand?

ahem crap cages
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

my2humandads

Cavy Slave
Good lord. Happy new year all. This conversation can't seem to stay on track so I'm out.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Re: Go stick your head down the loo

CavyKind said:
Why do I get the feeling of "deja-vue" here :yawn:

You're so right. I should just copy and paste my responses from one of the many times this has happened before.

Cavie Cove

Cavy Slave
Re: Go stick your head down the loo

daftscotslass said:
Edit: Forgot to mention - at least Cavie Cove is able to respond maturely to this thread. Hats off to you for that.
Why thankyou:eek: Wonder if I apearer older than what I am?
Anyways this topic has gone a little OT I think.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
You have a mature attitude Cavie Cove, that comes through with your posts.

flower power :@

Cavy Slave
poor pig.
But on that thread people are trying to help.
Also on forums you don't no if people could be lying ect, if they have problems.
Hopefully the thread was a wind up.

Cavie Cove

Cavy Slave
flower power :@ said:
poor pig.
But on that thread people are trying to help.
Also on forums you don't no if people could be lying ect, if they have problems.
Hopefully the thread was a wind up.
I start to think this many a time on some threads. It does seem like a wind up and I really really hope it is for the sake of the pig.

iLoveDusty

Cavy Slave
On the teeth trimming issue, do I have to get my piggies teeth trimmed yearly or something? They always have hay, and Cocoa chews on everything:rolleyes:, so dothey need their teeth trimmed?

Cavie Cove

Cavy Slave
Um no they don't. If they ever find it hard to eat chew etc then it is worth asking the vets to check their back teeth.
This person recons they had "no" option but to let their dad trim the pigs teeth. What a load of rubbish and says they wern't allowed to hand feed the pig. Never heard a worse excue(sp?) in my life!

iLoveDusty

Cavy Slave
Okay, thanks!

I can't believe osmeone would let their dad dothat-and I can't believe their dad thought about doing it! I hope the piggie is okay.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Sawda said:
Cavy Cages finally admits there wrong
Excuse me, where does the admin or the moderators of this site admit they are wrong? If it's not by them then you cannot hold an entire website responsible for only a couple of members.

Sawda said:
And remeber, if you do that it gives us authority to do it back!
Whose authority? It's not cavycages doing it, it's is members of this site who belong to other sites also who are doing it, not the admin or mods of cavycages.

Macayle said:
Please dont read stuff from our website and post trash about it.We dont do it to your site.
Then why has cavycages been "slagged" by Pimms in the past?

Fluffball said:
However I have found many qoutes on pimms pages calling this forum ''horrible'' and that we are all ''nasty people''.
Very true. And not only that, you come over here and call members of this forum horrid names and say nasty things about the members here.

Sawda said:
only because its obvious which is better!
Yes, it is very obvious.

Sawda said:
Yea.. no where near as good as this site, i love this site so much your stuck with me
*pulls out chair and sits down*
I think not dear Sawda, you are being banned for lack of proper capitalization and punctuation. You were warned and told in the past many times to straighten up. The mods have had enough of your horrid crappy posting. Bye Bye Sawda. Stay over on your "oh so wonderful breeding" forum and don't bother trying to sign up again here becuase you will only get banned again and again if you do.

Ahem crap cages, well you were banned based on your name alone.

Now, if the members would kindly read the rest of my message here, I would greatly appreciate it. It would be so much better if you would not include links to other posts on other forums so we can just avoid the "trolls" who come from these forums here just to tell us that we are wrong, we are rude and a crappy forum. And to belittle, berate and call us names. It only ends in people getting warned and banned.

Personally, I don't care if you post about someone not taking care of their pig properly, we have all seen it happen time and time again. It happens far too often. Many pigs are treated poorly and if they have medical issues that warrent needing to be taken to a vet, the person comes up with a million and one excuses of why the piggie isn't getting vet care. It happens right here on our own forum.

I am saying though, that if you make this type of post in the future, don't mention member names if they are from some other forum or place on the net and don't put a link to whereever it came from. It only invites board wars and personally, I am rather tired of being "slagged" by other forums. We know that cavycages is a damned good cavy forum and website. That's what matters. Not what some breeder thinks. The breeders just don't like us because we are anti-breeding.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Enough said!

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Go Ly, Go Ly *Stacy doing the cabbage patch in front of her computer*

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
Wow. It's kind of sad how rude they were to us. Cavycages is only trying to help people take better care of there pigs, or rats, mice, etc. I really like this site and when it's "slagged" on other forums it really ticks me off. We're all nice people. And we all only want to help others. Unfortunately, some people are rude and the Mods have to ban them.

~Veronica~

Spirited

Cavy Slave
If we assume that the original thread was genuine and not a wind up, which I'm sure we've had on Pimms before now and I'm sure most forums are the same, then I think the real issue isn't about the teeth, but about parents letting children have pets on a whim and failing to take the decision seriously themselves.

It's sad the number of kids that seem to be trying their best but who are faced by parents who aren't prepared for the expense and time of an animal. Having been forced to rehome a rescue dog when my parents decided he was too much trouble, I have a lot of empathy with these kids. But they can choose what I did when my parents let Prince and I down - I simply didn't ask for another animal, it's not fair on them. (I also made sure my elderly dog found a good home, and didn't get any more pets until I was able to care for them myself). I suppose in a way it was easier for me as I had my sibling's forgotten pets to take care of rather than nothing, but you try giving your sister's cute puppy the best chance in life when your old reliable multipedigree was dumped out of the family. In my family, with my kids, they will be taught that animals are not disposable and that taking on a new one is a family decision, as they become part of the family.

As for forum wars, I do find it sad that members (both ways) seem to feel a need to make harassing posts on another forum which they presumably don't even like. I make it no secret that I don't agree with everything that Cavy Cages stands for but I consider myself a respectful member of this board and I stay because I do agree with some of what it stands for - quality, spacious housing among other things. I also use the same name on both forums because I feel no need to hide my identity.

As a member of pimms, I don't find this thread offensive, as someone pleading the original poster to take the animal to the vet and make sure it had fresh water, I wholeheartedly agree with this post. There are posts on either forum which I feel are just started to cause trouble but this isn't one of them.

Kindest Regards,

Spirited

Cavie Cove

Cavy Slave
If you read this thread now it does sound so much like a wind up. Also to me there are 2 different pictues of pigs on there. It really sounds like a wind up now.

JEMZY

Cavy Slave
Right, i dont see why we cant just get along, we are two sites and we both love guinea pigs. Members on Cavy cages think hutches are bad and us on Guinea pig world think hutches are good, can we please keep our differences apart ?

If you find a post on Guinea pig world that you dont like, either post on their but dont drag it on back on here. We are trying to fix the situation and make him / her understand that she / he needs to take the guinea pig to the vets. There is no point in arguing over this, the guinea pig needs help and we should try and stick togeather, not argue.

Jemz x

iLoveDusty

Cavy Slave
I agree with JEMZY...one site is taking care of the problem, so there's no reason to argue.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
I've just re-read this through and it looked like I was agreeing with an insult I wasn't, and I give my apologies on that point. Sorry it was on my mind last night. It does seem like a windup I agree.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.