Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The Piggie Slave Masters have struck again....

dobiebabie

Cavy Slave
The piggie masters found out I bought new fleece, batting and fabric. I wasn't allowed to go to sleep until they had their new cuddle cup :p .... I couldn't sleep cuz the crafting bug bit me and since this is my first cuddle up, I figured I would share with you wonderful people :)
[GuineaPigCages.com] The Piggie Slave Masters have struck again....[GuineaPigCages.com] The Piggie Slave Masters have struck again....

I love that pattern! Looks very well-made,too! You should feel very proud of yourself!

I do MissJean and thanks guineapigfied. I've been sewing for years so this only took me about half and hour from cutting to finished bed. I actually used whats called fat quarters that are normally sold for quilters. 5 bits of material, all matching, all in one neat pack. 18x 21 inches. I had to piece the sides with a small bit but was no problem. I used cream fleece so I could see the pee color better just in case there was a problem with one of my girls. My next project is another bed and a cuddle sack or two. tunnels after that. :)

It's cute. Did you follow the cuddle cup instructions or just wing it?

awesome I hope mine looks as good as yours when I do it

It looks great. I'm planning to get the stuff to make my boars something very similar as soon as their C&C cage gets here and we get it assembled.

Fat quarters are a quarter of a yard. It's like taking a yard of fabric then cutting it into 4 squares rather than 4 strips like they would at the cutting station. Joannes sells them by their cotton quilting fabric in usually in the back of the store. The fat quarters will be folded up into little 4"x4" squares.

It looks so comfy! I bet they love it. :cheerful:

Really nice!

Thanks everyone :) and thanks (broken link removed) for explaining what a fat quarter is. I made mine using a matched pack of 5 different fabrics that would still look good together. Will post the others as I get them made. I actually made that at 1:30 in the morning. I very surprised it came out as well as it did. I used the directions found here mostly. I had to cut and extra 5 inches to the outer fabric to make it long enough to go around. I centered the front dip to match up between the back seams. Can post pics of it if anyone wants to see it.
The first time I put it in the girls cage they didn't know what it was :p. I placed them in it one at a time and they were like.... its a bed? Really? Awsome!!!

awesome I hope mine looks as good as yours when I do it
When you make yours, take your time and pin every inch or so. it helps alot to keep the seams straight. I stitched with the batting facing down and the fabric facing up when I was attaching them together. I hope this helps.

I love it! The patterns are so...elegant! Beautiful darling, marvelous! :p

Great now I have to buy a sewing machine....and learn to sew...the piggies are worth it

So how do you clean when they potty in it? Just throw it into the washer?

I love it! The patterns are so...elegant! Beautiful darling, marvelous! :p
Nothing but the best for my girls :) Thanks arionat799. I have 4 more bits with the same butterfly pattern just in a different color. Got them at my local hobby lobby.

I had to add 5 inches cuz the fabric I was cutting from wasn't long enough to cut it all in one piece. I am very glad you posted the formula tho. I did use it. I also know how you feel about making things too small. instead of using what you have already cu for the loft just stitch a boarder around it or add to both ends. that way you can still have it for the lower level. Its what i have done before when I made my curtains too short.

I think I'm going to try and make either the cuddle cup tonight or one of the tubes. I think my little guys really need something soft and cozy to lay on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.