Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C The Piggie Mansion

librarychick

Cavy Slave
I took some time and re-did my pig cage, they aren't quite sure about it yet but I think they'll come around.

I had an initial plan, that fell apart pretty quick, lol. With some redesigning and more planning, along with some trial and error it's up and they're in.

The cage is a C+C (of course, :D), the bottom level is 5x2, the loft on the left is a 2x2, and on the right is a 1x2. There are currently two ramps, until they get used to them and the walkway, but I will eventually make only one ramp. I placed them so that the bottoms wouldn't interfere with any laps, and both ramps fold up for cleaning purposes.

Here are some pics for you! :)

In order:
-The top level
-Closer view of the staircases and walkway
-The 1x2 loft
-Ruth, and Willow's bum in their favorite house
-The 2x2 loft, the 'kitchen with a nice big hayrack (I put coro behind it and attached the coro to the grids, and the hayrack to the coro, to prevent hay spillage. The coro the hay rack is attached to is removable for easy cleaning.)

There are three 'doors' so to speak, to allow for catching pigs and cleaning. The front wall of the kitchen folds down, and the second grid from the left on the front does as well. I did find that as long as I use a really strong zip-tie to hold the base of the 2x2 to the other grids it holds well and causes no structural problems. I also use binderclips to increase stability except while cleaning/catching pigs.

*note* I am quite tall and have long arms, so I can reach every corner of the cage when the ramps are up or the doors are down. I did plan for that and tested it thoroughly. If you are on the short side, and do not have long arms this design would pose some serious problems as far as cleaning and catching pigs.

Feel free to ask questions about the whole thing. It took me about 8 hours, over a span of three days, to get all the things I wanted in and working functionally, as well as adjusting for cleaning.

Oh, and a side-note. Last time I posted we had two pigs, Prudence and Willow, but Prue passed away in October. I did get Willow another friend and they are now happily together after Ruth's quarantine. Ruth is short haired, and just under a year approximately.

Attachments

kitchen.jpg ruth and willows bum.jpg sleeping spot.jpg staircases.jpg top level.jpg
Hope your girls enjoy their lovely new cage!

They are. Both of them are happily using the ramps now :) As soon as I know they are using the walkway I'll reduce it to one ramp. That way it'll interfere less with arm room, and running tracks on the bottom.

Very cool! Love it, and thanks for sharing! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.