Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives The Door Cage is complete - and I love it!!!! (pictures)

This cage is fantastic! I love the furniture look of it.

Oh my gosh I love that so much! I'm trying to find another way to make a cage that's not to big so it actually fits in my room but also looks nice and is easy to clean. How easy is cleaning it?

Thanks everyone!

Oh my gosh I love that so much! I'm trying to find another way to make a cage that's not to big so it actually fits in my room but also looks nice and is easy to clean. How easy is cleaning it?

Thanks! It is pretty big and the upper level makes it seem huge to me! Today we did the first full clean since adding on. One great advantage is that I can put Randy in his downstairs and cover the ramp hole so he's trapped there. Then clean the top, then move him upstairs and clean the bottom. The top is super easy to clean because the whole front grid wall flips down. I can easily reach in (I'm 5'6). Cleaning the bottom is fairly easy. I can reach everywhere pretty well. But it's an awkward height for me - I'm either hunched over or kneeling. Also Randy 's little section on the bottom is tricky to sweep just because it's so small. So overall I would say it's probably as easy as a two level cage could be, since there will always be some nooks and crannies.

So who here doesn't love to remodel their cage... well I'm no exception! Today we did intros again with Randy and the girls and it went pretty good! So I remodeled the cage while they were in the neutral area. I took the loft off and moved it to be an "addition" off the back of the main level of the cage. I used L brackets to support it. Now it is equivalent to a 3.3 x 5.7 grids (which I will hereby refer to as a 3x6 for simplicity). I'm hoping this will help them get along having one large space. You can see I blocked off one end for a kitchen. I didn't really want a kitchen, but I tried a million hayrack/hay bin combinations and found nothing to keep the hay off the fleece.

The Door Cage is complete - and I love it!!!! (pictures)

The Door Cage is complete - and I love it!!!! (pictures)

I THINK I can reach all the way to the back for sweeping poops! Let's hope, because there's no way I can pull it away from the wall. I've already basically taken over our home office room with guinea pigs and my craft stuff.

You can see it also has a lid along the back. This was the lid of the loft and I decided to leave it on for now. Give them a place to hide that isn't a hidey house (to hopefully avoid fights while they settle in together).

That's a super nice cage! Looks great and plenty of storage. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.