Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stands Thanks for the nice review, WildCavy

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just wanted to say thanks to WildCavy for our first review on our new Cage Cubby system.

(broken link removed)

Can click into the reviews on the Reviews tab.

Nice to have the new system affirmed. We thought it was pretty cool, but it's nice to get the feedback from the reality of it!

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
WOW I didn't even know you had so many new things! That is FANTASTIC! I've been looking for bins for my cage for sometime! I really like ones that go 1 cube wide by 2 cubes deep so I don't have to wratch my neck to get the fleece out from the back of the cage!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
WOW I didn't even know you had so many new things! That is FANTASTIC! I've been looking for bins for my cage for sometime! I really like ones that go 1 cube wide by 2 cubes deep so I don't have to wratch my neck to get the fleece out from the back of the cage!

Ha, yeah! When I mentioned on the fleece thread that we've upped our game on the cages, I wasn't justa kiddin'!

Lots of new stuff with more on the way. We are really jazzed about a little thing coming hopefully within the next two weeks--a new hay rack that we've had manufactured for us. It's a metal wire hay rack designed to fit over a grid. It's as big as we can make it for shipping. About 5" wide and takes up a good portion of a grid. And the cool thing, is we have it coming in both black and white, so you can match your grid color. Important for those with black grids. Most little racks are in white only.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Nice! I've been looking for a new hay rack! I have blue grids! LOL

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I look forward to seeing your hay racks! I bought both of my cages through this site and couldn't be happier with them, the ease of putting them together, and the customer service I received. I emailed with a few questions before my purchase and received very prompt and helpful responses! I recommend the store to anyone looking for supplies.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Damn you T! I was just starting to think about getting ahead on my bills! Now I'm gonna have to blow another $200 on the pigs! Hehe... Now if I could only decide between the red and the black coroplast! LOL

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Also on my 2x6 cage stand I found that having grids along the back made it impossible to vacuum under the cage all the way to the wall. Even though I have a high back coro my piggies can kick all sorts of stuff behind and under the cage. So instead of putting the grids along the back of the stand I put them on the bottom/floor in the back. The stands really need stability so you can't do without that row of grids but by having them on the floor in the back you can reach all the way back to the wall to get stuff and vacuum and also depending on your baseboard (and if you use the connectors) a whole extra inch or two that you can shove things under! Hehe. Just an alternative that you could put on your 2x6 cage stand assembly instructions if you want...

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Also on my 2x6 cage stand I found that having grids along the back made it impossible to vacuum under the cage all the way to the wall. Even though I have a high back coro my piggies can kick all sorts of stuff behind and under the cage. So instead of putting the grids along the back of the stand I put them on the bottom/floor in the back. The stands really need stability so you can't do without that row of grids but by having them on the floor in the back you can reach all the way back to the wall to get stuff and vacuum and also depending on your baseboard (and if you use the connectors) a whole extra inch or two that you can shove things under! Hehe. Just an alternative that you could put on your 2x6 cage stand assembly instructions if you want...
I sort of get you, but could use a photo to confirm.

Damn you T! I was just starting to think about getting ahead on my bills! Now I'm gonna have to blow another $200 on the pigs! Hehe... Now if I could only decide between the red and the black coroplast! LOL
Ha, ha, ha! Red! :)

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Do you think a cubby bin would hold up to 50lbs of KM pellets? I was thinking if I got a set of 6 that I would put my whole order of pellets in a bin with a top! I know its not completely air tight but would it have enough strength? Otherwise I'll have to have that other ugly bin that doesn't fit well under the cage. I'm thinking about going with red coroplast with black bins on the bottom!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Do you think a cubby bin would hold up to 50lbs of KM pellets? I was thinking if I got a set of 6 that I would put my whole order of pellets in a bin with a top! I know its not completely air tight but would it have enough strength? Otherwise I'll have to have that other ugly bin that doesn't fit well under the cage. I'm thinking about going with red coroplast with black bins on the bottom!
I think it will for sure hold the pellets. Most of the weight is on the bottom and the 4 rivets on each side holding the bin together are strong. But, I wouldn't pull the bin out using the handle. I would just put my hands on each front corner of the bin and pull it out that way. And then push the bin back in place more from the bottom of the bin where the weight is. If you treat it with common sense from that perspective, I think it should work with the pellet weight.

And the color combo sounds good. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.