Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Thank you to whoever designed C&C cages

Delaine

Cavy Slave
I needed to take one of my girls to the vet and wanted to take her sister along for support. I wanted to have the vet test Abbey's stool so needed to separate them on the way there, so the plastic animal carrier wasn't an option. Besides they really need to each have their own hide house. So I made a 1x2 C&C travel cage with a lid attached with velcro. I reinforced it with zip ties and screwed it to a piece of 1/4" plywood. I was out of coroplast so for now put disposable plastic backed medical pads under towels and fleece. I attached a grid down the center with velcro for the trip down and removed it when the vet was done. They each had a cardboard box hide house at either end with a pile of hay in the center. It worked great. I just have to add a coroplast bottom on it to protect the wood and keep the hay from getting all over the car. I have 2 guinea pigs and have built a total of 4 C&C cages, 2x3 to fit in the Rav 4 in case I have to take them on a short holiday, 2x4 for their main home, 3x4 (piggies play area where I can sit) and now the 1x2 for short trips to the vet. So thank you for the wonder cage idea. I am now working on maybe adding another floor to their main cage.

Thanks go to Teresa Murphy, aka Cavyspirit, owner of this site.

god bless those engineers :)

I wish this cage idea had been around when I was a kid. I had my step dad build cages out of wood but was limited on size based on how big I could get those under bed storage containers. How to build a bigger base was always a problem we had. I have no idea why we never thought of lanolium though...

Yes, I must thank the C&C cage creators and CavySpirit as well. NIC panels have been surprisingly flexible in use and easy to build upon.

agreed with yall thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.