Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thank you, Thank you

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all of the wonderful information I have gotten in the past week. My husband and I had discussed purchasing a hamster for a very long time and when we finally decided it was time imagine my surprise when he arrived home with two guinea pigs. At first I was a bit frustrated but once I began researching them online and playing with them I was extremely happy he had done so. I am hooked for life. My only regret is that they came from a pet store, but now that I am in the know my next pig and all others will come from a rescue. I thank you for that and my piggies thank you for their trip to the vet this week, their huge 3x5 C&C cage with the 2x3 loft full of Timothy hay, veggies in the morning and evening, cuddles from Mom and Dad, and many other things I would have never known not having this site. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
:) aww that cage sounds HUGE! My guinea pigs have this site to thank aswell. Before I came they were living in small hutches, now they have C&Cs and they are popcorning & running laps.lol

Kriket

Cavy Slave
Mine have this site to thank as well. I was just going to buy them a larger cage or put them in an aquarium. Now they have a 2x4 and we're thinking of building up, but haven't come up with any solid ideas yet. They're about as happy as they can be!

Sweetywheety

Cavy Slave
I have learned alot from this site as well. My Chip and her sister Oreo lived 4 years of their lives in a very small petstore cage. In November 2004, Oreo passed away. I came to this site in Early May of 2005 or something like that when I wanted to adopt new piggies. Oh, how horrible I felt! So, I changed my ways and made a 2x3 C&C cage for the new piggers and a 2x2 for my lovely little Chip. Poor Oreo never got the chance to live happily ever after like Chip did........ :guilty: Now, I spoil my pigs beyond reason. My parents are going crazy because of my obsession with guinea pigs.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Myspoiltpiggies said:
:) aww that cage sounds HUGE! lol
It is...this morning my husband says to me that it is too big so maybe we should get two more piggies. Right now we have two boys, would two more start alot of fighting or would it be better to get them fixed and get some lady friends. I am definitly going to wait awhile before I do anything but for future reference what do you guys think?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Two boars and a pair of lovely ladies won't mix. The boys will fight over the girls. I would add some submissive boars into the herd instead.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
My pigs (I have 6) owe their well being to this site also. A warning Babygrl1234, this site and all of these great GP owners are addictive. It's one great addiction that I want to have. Believe me, you will learn soooo much. Welcome!

amfeider

Cavy Slave
Without this site poor April would be all alone with small amounts of fruit a nd veggies in a my first home guinea pig cage. She would have nutriphase and dead timothy hay.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
suzilovespiggie said:
A warning Babygrl1234, this site and all of these great GP owners are addictive.
I know. I have been on here about 17 times today. At this rate my house Saturday house cleaning will never get done. Oh well, at least the boys cage is cleaned. Priorities first I suppose.