Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Terrible breeder

i love piggies

Cavy Slave
I know of a local woman who breeds guinea pigs and rabbits. I recently vivited her house to see If it was as bad as I have heard. I was shocked
She had a wire bottom store broght hutch, with rabbits and Guinea pigs housed in it.
Store brought hutches are to small for guinea pigs let alone guinea pigs and rabbits. It was probably as big as a 2x4 c&c.
Any way she had two adult female rabbits and one male. Two adult female guinea pigs and two adult male guinea pigs.
She asked if I wanted to buy one.... I was furious but I kept my cool. I asked her how old they were and she didn't know. She thought they were about 2 weeks old. Argh:mad:
Anyway I am so peeved that I was thinking of paying a suprise visit to her at night and Saving the poor animals from her. I know it is wrong but I feel so bad for the Rabbits & Guniea pigs.
I know she is only a small time breeder but to me that is bad enough.
What does everyone else think?

I have more than enough room for them. Plus if I couldn't keep the all I am confident I could adopt them out. I know a few people who would love some new fur babies.

Macayle
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I know it can be difficult to see animals like that but you can't go saving animals in the night. That would be stealing. The only option you have is to try and get her to give you the pigs and contact the RSPCA.

i love piggies

Cavy Slave
Mum said I should contact the authorities too. I wouldn't like to be put away or something, then I will have no one to look after my animals. I think a call to the RSPCA is all I can do.

Mum also suggested that maybe I could visit her and have a chat about the care & saftey of the animals.
Maybe I could invite her to my house and let her see how well of my piggies and rabbits are . Then I could help her with building new cages. Maybe

Sawda
Macayle
Sawda

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
no i wouldn't let no one off this forum into my house they'd proberly torch my shed

Why would you be afraid of that? If you are taking good care of your animals, why should anyone find fault with that? Could it be that you know you are not taking proper care of your pets?

May I add that is one breeder out of tonnes. I keep track of every pigs age very carefully, and you cannot tell me as a juvineile breeder i cannot go to the vets as i did yesterday

And this quote explains it - you are a breeder, a juvenile one at that. You are thoughtlessly and carelessly contributing to the severe overpopulation of guinea pigs and condemning shelter animals to either an early death or an existence devoid of anything resembling a normal, loving home. But you manage to keep track of their ages and manage to take them to the vet ... so you deserve a pat on the back then. Gosh, keep up the good work.

Sawda

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
Sawda said:
i havn't sold one pig! so how am i over populating rescues etc?

Hi Sawda,

If you don't sell your guinea pigs, can I please ask what you do with the ones you do breed? Do you keep them all yourself?

Barbara

Sawda

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Even if you have not sold or given away a pig you have still contributed. Lets say you breed a pig and get 5 babies. Now you have 7 pigs including the two parents. If you wanted 7 pigs you could have adopted 5 more from the shelters. Maybe you have not contributed to the problem directly but indirectly.

Sawda

i love piggies

Cavy Slave
I started this thread to get some advice about a woman breeding. She has since stopped. She now has same sex piggies and rabbits (females) as pets for her children and for her own liking or whatever. I am so happy. But then again I am not because someone here has admitied to breeding. Sorry If I offend you!

So now we have found out about someone on this forum breeding. I think this forum is anti-breeding.
Anyway If you breed your guinea pigs you are risking thier lives and the babies lives. You may not be selling the babies, but you are still bringing more into the world. I know everyone has already said to adopt, but I am going to say it again. Save a guinea pig from a shelter or look for some one who can no longer look after thier guinea pigs. I got my first 3 piggies from the pet store. Yes I am ashamed. But the rest of them have come from homes where they can no onger be looked after.

So I have saved some poor little piggies lives. But I couldn't imagine breeding my Guinea pigs to increase the number I have. I wouldn't risk my babies I love them too much.

So I have added my two bob's worth, please don't be too offended. I just think you are underestimating the matter

Dee

Sawda

i love piggies

Cavy Slave
Listen here missy, I am an adult. You have already admitted your a juveinille(sp) I am not trying to insult you. I am concerned about the animals and thier health. I am only new here and I was unaware you had previously admitted to breeding. So sorry about that.
This forum is for advice and as you know everyone has different opinions on care. Thats why there are standards. There is room for a little give or take. But when you post on here you have to know you are going to get a response and you may not always like. If you don't like it lump it.

Sorry Moderators if I am too upfront

Sawda

i love piggies

Cavy Slave
By the way, you say you should be respected. You may want to start using proper grammar. Plus I think you should re-read your posts before sending them because some words are a little mixed up.

I am pretty sure there are rules for this forum/site maybe you should read them.

Sawda

Piglet

Cavy Slave
IF YOU HAVE A HEADACHE, GET OFF THE INTERNET. Do you really think staring at a computer screen is going to make it better.

If you want more guinea pigs to own, then adopt them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.