Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Tell us about your other pets!

emeraldamykate

Cavy Slave
I think for the most part we all have other pets besides guinea pigs, and I thought this would be a fun thread to talk about, er-brag about your other furry or scaly babies. Does anyone on here have a reptile? I love reptiles, but I just could not feed them.

Anyways, about my other fur babies. Between my mom and I, we have four cats, and I have an amazing rabbit.

Now onto the pictures and to brag about my babies! :D

[GuineaPigCages.com] Tell us about your other pets!
This is me and my beautiful Shelby Blue. You can tell by her eyes how she got the name. She is my first ever pet, and I've had her since September 8th 2001 so I've practically grown up with her. She turned eleven on January 10th which also happens to be my birthday. That's right! We share a birthday! Add all of that up and she is just really special to me and will always hold a special place in my heart.

The next cat is my mom's almost seven year old cat, Liberty Belle. She's the sweetest baby, and although she likes to hang out in my room occasionally, she is completely my mom's cat.

These two who I suppose have formed a new alliance, as they "hated" each other last week, are Chelsea and Goat. Chelsea is the orange tabby, and Goat is the calico. Chelsea is three years old, and Goat is five years old. Depending on the day they might be my cats or not. It mostly has to do with if they annoy me or not. It's like when a child irritates a parent, and suddenly the child belongs to the other parent. That's how it is with these two. :D

Last but certainly not least is my adorable little Bubba bunny! <3
I could go on for days and days about how much I love his little fuzzy face. He's my first pet that isn't a cat, and I think that makes him pretty special. He and Chelsea are best friends and they love to cuddle the day away, which is always adorable to see because they have the same colors.

So now it's your guy's turn! Tell me, and everyone else here, about your other fur babies!

i have a ball python which is about 20 years old but my husband has to feed her and i have 3 goldfish and an eel

These two darlings are my two cats, Sheldon (on the left) and Vern (on the right)! And I also have a snowflake eel and two lion fish in my saltwater tank.

i have a ball python which is about 20 years old but my husband has to feed her and i have 3 goldfish and an eel
Ball Pythons are awesome! I'd love to have one, but I am way too squeamish so I couldn't feed it.

View attachment 27483
These two darlings are my two cats, Sheldon (on the left) and Vern (on the right)! And I also have a snowflake eel and two lion fish in my saltwater tank.

Aw! Vern looks like my my Liberty!

In addition to the 4 guinea pigs (Eddy Pig, Ben, Bacon and Buddy)

We have a 9 year old blue merle sheltie. He's my Rudy dog and the best dog anyone could ask for!

And my kids and I have several bugs. We keep a Rollie pollie farm

An Eastern Hercules Beetle (a type of American rhino beetle) called Big Ugly Bug or BUB.

We have some giant silk moth eggs that we are waiting on hatching, a couple of caterpillars we caught this spring that have cocooned, an ant farm in the works, a tad pol, a couple of big grubs and hoping to add some more bugs to the mix this summer. I'm not sure I would consider the bugs pets, other than the beetle, but more interesting nature experiments. I still have to feed the though...

I have a small fish tank with 2 goldfish and a mini frog we call Mr. Hopper LOL
We (my 10yo daughter & I) also have 3 cats: 2 are all black (1 male with med problems, 1 female almost a year old named Bella), 1 is white with black spots (looks like a rag doll mix).
Of course, I also have Snowy: a 6mo boar.
I let Snowy roam the kitchen all day when we're home since I don't have room for a c&c cage so he's only in a store bought cage at night when we're asleep. Bella and Snowy are best buddies - they actually chase each other around LOL

Other than Oliver and Perry, our guinea pigs,
"we" have a miniature schnauzer named Misty. She's technically the family dog, but favours our mom.
(In the picture, she's sitting on top of our couch which was her favourite spot for the longest time until we put a pet bed in the front window. She would sit there for hours with her head sticking through the curtains barking that anyone or anything that would walk by.)

We've had 2 piggies at a time for a couple of years, then we inherited a bunny from a dying uncle this year, and then we got her a boyfiend.. :) So we're up to 4 fur babies. We'd really like a dog, but we're not home much during the day and I don't want to lock up a dog all day.

In addition to the piggies, I've got two giant dogs.
Francesca who is a long hair Akita
And Rocky who is a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) He doesn't realize that he's 135lbs, he thinks he's a lap dog lol
They're family dogs, but Rocky is my Mom's special baby lol

We have Lola, our chinchilla. She's almost 6 years old. She's very loving towards humans, but hates other chins! She's very small and dainty compared to other chins. She's a saucy little thing, but very sweet and fun to watch!
[GuineaPigCages.com] Tell us about your other pets! [GuineaPigCages.com] Tell us about your other pets!
We also have 2 dogs, Archie and Bosley. They will be 4 years old this July, and are Bichon x Shih Tzu x some other breed(s)!
Archie is my guard dog. I don't know what else he's mixed with, but we always joke that he's part Pitbull so we call him the Pit Tzu :D He's very much my boy. He's always at my side, and anywhere I go he thinks he needs to go with me. He's not that big, but he's kind of chunky and very, very strong.
Bosley is also a little boy, but he's very girly so we call him a Princess. He's very sweet and sensitive. He loves attention and to cuddle. He doesn't bark, he sings and yodels. It's so funny to watch. He's also pretty sneaky and naughty, he loves to tear up tissues and napkins if any fall on the floor. :crazy:
Here are some pictures of them. It's so hard to get a decent picture of them together, someone is always wiggling or yawning.
Archie is the one on the left with the black face and Bosley is the one of the right with the tan around his eyes.

First Archie yawns...
... Then Bosley yawns. Yeesh!

edit to add: I guess another pic of Archie got thrown in there, don't know how to fix that!

Attachments

045.jpg
Beside my 4 pigs I have 3 cats. Ty

Chewy

Neko

A dachshund mix named Oscar

2 ferrets. Rikku

And Risa

And a bunny named Minnie

View attachment 27494

We've had 2 piggies at a time for a couple of years, then we inherited a bunny from a dying uncle this year, and then we got her a boyfiend.. :) So we're up to 4 fur babies. We'd really like a dog, but we're not home much during the day and I don't want to lock up a dog all day.

Oh! I had a black and white mini rex once, Pepsi. She was such a sweet little girl. I can't wait to get rabbits again. Only a few more months! :D

Hey... Well I have Five male mice with the youngest who is for sale!
Garfield does have half a tail after a wild male mouse got in his old cage... :(

And My mum and I share to cats who are 11 years old:

I then have one rabbit, called Penny:

Then 18 female Mice...13 Adult females and then 5 two week old.

(Picture of some of my girls is at the bottom for some reason..)

My baby mice are in a separate cage living with their mummy and their brother.

Attachments

Girl Mice.jpg
heres my beautiful girlies, candy, pippa, sheeba,mia and Lola
gizmo the goldfish
kenco the syrian hamster
casper the winter white dwarf hamster
finallly my doggy, todd the tervuren

exuse any bad spelling ahah

I have one dog named Taffy, who is a lab golden mix. I'll post some pictures when I can, but my other computer which they were on crashed and the files were lost!

I also had 1 male, crested Betta fish named Fluffy, who died on Presidents' Day 2012 (RIP little buddy!). He was really awesome, but alas lived for only a few months. Fish were the only pets that I bought at pet stores, before I know the evil ways of animal sales. :(

My pigs are my first pocket pets, so to speak. I've only ever had my dog and some fishies. However, guinea pigs and dogs are by far my favorite pets. I also think that it would be fun to have a rabbit or hamster if I had the room, but alas I do not. I really do think that hamsters make nice pets, but I don't know if I could deal with the nighttime adventures that they go on.

I would also love to have an African Pygmy hedgehog some time. I have the pleasure of knowing one named 'Ms. Piggie' who is a dear. Then I could have 2 types of pigs! Rats are also really nice pets, and I would love to have one at some point. I really, really like rats.

I only have one cat named Cupcake, but most of the time we call him "cutie kins" and "wover mukkins". although my mom calls him "the dippy cat" even though he isn't dippy (and she knows it)[GuineaPigCages.com] Tell us about your other pets!

I just love seeing everyone's critters. Besides my piggies, Borat and Amy, I have the following brood:

Four cats (Tooncinator, Stitch, Farquaad, and SheiKra). Tooncinator is literally a feral who was given to me by the barn owner where I kept my horses in IL. He spents 99 percent of his time under the bed and 1 percent trying to bite or claw us, so I don't have any photos of him that I can readily find.

Stitch was adopted from a shelter as an adult. He needed a buddy so my brother rescued Farquaad as a kitten from a under a dumpster at a truck yard. They're in the photo below (their relationship is still waaaay too close, LOL):

SheiKra was literally thrown onto the expressway by some scumbag, and I saw him barely make it to the shoulder. I managed to pull over and catch him. Here's a photo from that day:

Now he's a spoiled boy. His name comes from the fact that we got stuck on the SheiKra roller coaster at Busch Gardens for 20 mins. in a downpour, resulting in a delay in leaving, which put us on I-4 at the exact right moment to save him.

Truman is my Quaker parrot, which is basically the bird form of an Abby guinea pig in the attitude department.

Figment is my horse. I'm an Appaloosa nut, as you can tell from the photo:

Here's a photo of my first horse, Cochise. I bought him when I was 16 and he was four, and he lived till almost age 30. I loved that horse with all my heart, and I still miss him so much that it hurts. I usually rode him bareback, with no bit, as you can see in the photo:

I only have one cat named Cupcake, but most of the time we call him "cutie kins" and "wover mukkins". although my mom calls him "the dippy cat" even though he isn't dippy (and she knows it)View attachment 27534
Also i'm trying to teach him the trick "stand". (For a cat he is pretty obedient so i thought i would try.)

Right now, my only pets are my two pigs. I used to have a winter white Russian dwarf hamster named Rockie. He died a few months ago. He was a pretty mean little guy who never did really trust people. He also would bite, but he was a really cute little hamster. My friend was the only one who could pick him up without him squirming. lol Sorry, I can't get any pictures right now because I'm on my iPod and I have no pictures of him on here.

Once I get a part-time job, I'm going to try to save up my money to get a bearded dragon. I love those lizards! My friend has one, he's so friendly and mellow, and I would really love a beardie as a pet.

My family's two brats are Hershey and Roxy.. Well... Hershey's not a brat but Roxy's...She's interesting to say the least. They're both dogs. Hershey is an Aussie Shep mix who thinks he's a lapdog. He's only like 50 odd pounds but still..That's too much for a lapdog. And Roxy is a Min Pin mix who is so high strung and energetic it makes the energizer bunny look bad. I call her the Energizer Bunny from Hell. Ha! I'm so nice xP

(Pics will follow when I get home. Alas the curse of work :p)

I used to have 3 guenia pigs (Snowball, Puzzle and Brownie). They're now my little guardian angels. I also had a hamster at one point (Coco). Had a rat (Wander). And I think most typical kids pets goldfish. And my sister use to have a cat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.