Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior teeth chattering?

QuadB

Cavy Slave
I know of the teeth chattering to other pigs showing dominance but do they do a very milder version to us mommas? A couple times bevo will start chewing although he's not chewing on anything and its lightly but it reminds me of the chattering. And he has done it while just laying on my chest. He appeared happy. Is this teeth chattering or something ekse? I hope I'm not making him upset. I can't see why I would be.

mortyandtrixie

Cavy Slave
My boy does this occasionally as well....and the give me kisses and falls asleep lol. I was wonder the same thing.

megziepoo

Cavy Slave
My piggie does the same thing when hes cuddling me so I would like to know what it means too!

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My girl does it. Nothing in the mouth but looks like she's chewing and making gum chewing noises as opposed to clenching teeth. My birds would do it with their beaks, a light grinding noise. It meant they are very relaxed, content, and going to sleep soon.

QuadB

Cavy Slave
I hope it means they are relaxed and content. That is the way he appears but then I would get so concerned he is chattering at me so I would get concerned! But I do notice it when I'm rubbing his nose bridge which he loves. His eyes always close. Hoping it wasn't a bad sign!

SuperGilbert

Cavy Slave
My guys do it all the time, little grinding action

QuadB

Cavy Slave
I guess my main concern is do I put him back in his cage? Or continue cuddle time? I want to respect him and I'm unsure of the gesture.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
It is hard to tell but mine will start fidgeting or give me nips (nip/bite my clothes) and that means I want to go back to my cage. Sometimes it's not because she has to pee and her food is out with me, but merely goes back in one of her hideys for alone time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.