Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Teacher from the Windy City, Newbie to guinea pigs

knackchaos

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,

My name's Robbie and I'm a teacher up in Chicago. I built my cage after help from the cage site and these forums and the pics are below. I've just got my guinea pigs, Aggie and Opal, yesterday and they are super skittish still. These are my first cavvies and I'm excited, though it seems it may take a while to get them to stop hiding long enough to take a pic....

[GuineaPigCages.com] Teacher from the Windy City, Newbie to guinea pigs
The piggies' new home

Side view of the cage

Hay rack

I wanted to welcome you to the forum, even though I am very new myself. I know when I posted my introduction, noone welcomed me and it doesn't feel nice, so welcome, I hope you like it here.

oh and the cage looks awesome.

My family and I just took a vacation to Chicago, its a great city! Anyway, welcome to the forum, and you're cage looks AMAZING! That little jungle you've got in your cage looks great. :D

Welcome! I'm a Floridian now, but I lived on the South Side of Chicago most of my life (don't tell anyone, but I'm a closet Cubs fan...I know that's punishible by flogging on the SS). Your piggies have quite a nice home!

Welcome from a fellow Chicagoan! Your cage looks great, and I hope you can sneak a few pictures of your guinea pigs soon.

@knackchaos What do you teach?

@mufasa Look who won the first three games of the crosstown classic.

I currently teach technology at a K-8 school in the 'burbs, but I've also taught English and World History.

Welcome! I live in the western suburbs and my daughter is a teacher, too. If you're looking for the lowest prices on pet supplies, I think Pet Supplies Plus is the best around here. They order Oxbow hay by the 50 lb box for me and I pick it up at the store. This is a great site to get a lot of good info.

I wanted to welcome you to the forum, even though I am very new myself. I know when I posted my introduction, noone welcomed me and it doesn't feel nice, so welcome, I hope you like it here.

I'm so sorry you didn't get a welcome. Sometimes a lot of people post threads around the same time and some get overlooked. A belated welcome to you, too, Tribble79.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.