Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Taking piggies on vacations

NewGPMom

Cavy Slave
Hi, I am in need of some advise from the forum experts.
We have a 35 ft travel trailer and do alot of camping over the summer, esp after my son is done with swim team in July. I was reading in another thread that stress can cause problems for the piggies such as mites and URI. We thought that we would be able to put them in their "petstore" cage and take them along with us since we have alot more room in the new trailer. Would this kind of traveling be to stressful for them. I certainly don't want to cause unnecessary trips to the vets. Although ours is relatively inexpensive, I don't want to be going there every other week as a result of taking them camping. We have a foldable pet playpen that I thought we could put outside with them in when we are out and their cage at night inside. My biggest concern now is that we are planning on a mothers day weekend outing and one is preggers and we are thinking that will be close to delivery and we definately want her with us should this happen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We did go visit friends this weekend and left them home for my mother in law to come and feed them but she works two jobs and can't always do that for us.
The good news is our new C&C cage is near done. I should have it ready for them tonight. I hope they will enjoy

lilshortie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.