Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Eyes/Non-crusty Swelling in left eye

gisele

Cavy Slave
Hi all,
I had taken Pip Squeak to the vet regarding his eye and was given a mild antibiotic - which didn't work - so I was given eye drops that didn't work either. This was about 4 months ago. Pip Squeak didn't act ill or have a loss of appetite so I let him be and kept a close eye on his condition. This week I noticed a new swelling in the same eye (I'm trying to post a picture but I'm having trouble figuring out my new camera). The vet had suggested it could be a tooth problem, but lack of eating would be noticed - which hasn't been a problem. The vet also said they would need to put him under to check his teeth. I'm hesitant about having him put under again (he had surgery almost a year ago on his neck - had a growth). If anyone knows what might be the problem or how I can help Pip Squeak I would really appreciate any advice. Thinking about going back to the vet, but pretty sure he's going to tell me the same thing as our last visit. Will post a picture as soon as I figure out how. Thanks!

I'd have his teeth checked and possibly have an xray done to see if it could be a problem with the roots of his teeth or some sort of growth or tumor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.