Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sweet Petunia :(

Piggie Mom

Cavy Slave
:weepy: I only had her 48hrs and she passed in the night. Vet believes she choked on her food and passed. :( I didn't have her long, but it still tore my heart out to lose her. She loved to lay on my shoulder and hide in my hair. She would popcorn everywhere including my lap. Sweet, hilarious girl. My husband did not even want a pet, but the moment he laid his eyes on her and she snuggled against his chest he melted. My (almost) two year old kept patting the cage and telling her to wake up from her "nite night" and "eats". She has been very angry with us since Petunia passed and points to the backyard often where we laid her to rest. She will be missed. Its amazing how quickly they become family and steal your heart with their sweet little faces and personalities. Miss you bunches sweet girl. So does Tiger Lily. Here are pictures of my sweet girl.

Miss you sweetie. Today I was feeding Tiger Lily and actually got concerned that you didn't come out of the hideout when I remembered you crossed the rainbow bridge. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. It doesn't take long to get attached to these sweet little critters. I'm curious what would lead your vet to believe that she choked on something. I've heard that they can choke on pumpkin seeds or those extra bits in pellet mixes but it looks like you fed her just regular pellets which is what is recommended.

She was eating when I went to bed and wasn't ill, so he sad it was probably what happened. I just hope whatever it was happened fast and painless.

I'm so sorry your sweet little piggy is gone.

I had one of the neighbourhood kids (her name's Madison and she used to play with my younger sister in our front yard - and she's a little feral) steal one of my girls from my house 4 days after I first got them (the piggies live in the lounge room to the right of the front door and she just walked in and stole Velma - we didn't even know Madison was in the house! We heard the front gate and saw her running and quickly figured out what had happened...) Another neighbourhood kid said Madison thought she was going to get into trouble so she dropped my piggy in the laneway and ran home and hid under her bed. When I found Vema was missing I cried because I couldn't imagine how freaked out she would have been, so my family launched a full scale hunt to find her. Velma had somehow managed to find her way under our front porch and we had to pretty much dismantle half the front steps to get to her, but at least she was safe... I didn't lose her, but I was already really attached to her and I couldn't even imagine what I would have done if I'd lost her :( Obviously not the same thing; but I get the instant attachment... I'm sorry you lost Petunia - it's a hard thing to lose a family member <3

Well, there's a reason for a lid for the cage I would never have thought of! And a lock, too! Can't believe the kid just walked in your house and stole your pig... :eye-poppi

Well, there's a reason for a lid for the cage I would never have thought of! And a lock, too! Can't believe the kid just walked in your house and stole your pig... :eye-poppi
I know right? Lordy. I would have been relieved, then furious.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Petunia.

She looked absolutely precious. I am so very sorry for your loss! :( Your are right about how a pet can become a loving part of the family so quickly!

Sorry about your Petunia, I know she felt your love.

I am so happy that she at least knew love for two days. I know she didn't at the store. (I know I know, always rescue. All of our former pets were rescues.)

I am so sorry for the loss of Putunia. You loved her for 2 days, so she knew how special she was.

I am so sorry for the loss of Putunia. You loved her for 2 days, so she knew how special she was.

She met my grandmother, and our friends and they all loved on her. She knew a lot of love before passing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.