Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

sudden death

littlerae

Cavy Slave
My four month old guinea pig Jasmine suddenly died this morning :'( I have no idea what happened. Both my girls were happy and healthy last night, and this morning she was gone.... What could have caused this??? Is my other one in danger? I feed them fresh veggies every day and nothing that is not good for them.. I check everything out online and make sure it is all ok... I give them timothy hay everyday, and pellets, and water, and they have a nice big 2 by 5 C&C cage... I have no idea what could have happened and I feel absolutely horrible.. She was so young :'( I have owned guinea pigs my ENTIRE life and never have I had one just suddenly pass like this... I am devastated..:(:(

May you rest in peace little Jasmine.. I wish I had know something was wrong. I miss you terribly already.

[GuineaPigCages.com] sudden deathJasmin is the little girl on the left. I can't believe she is gone. :(

I am so sorry for your loss! Poor little piggy.... I really want guinea pigs again but its devastating when they die. I am scared to get more! :(

I know that is how I am feeling right now too :(.. but my other one is depressed now and i feel like a new cage mate would help her out. They were so close.

Run free little one.

So sorry for your loss.. I recently lost my boar suddenly and without explanation. I hope you receive peace soon…

i am so sorry for your loss as well... its so hard

I have read that before you get a new cagemate for a pig, it is best to wait 2 to 3 weeks before you introduce another pig. This way your current pig has time to mourn and realize that their little friend truly is gone.

I am so sorry for your loss. I love my pigs so dearly, and I cannot imagine losing them. Your little girl will be dearly missed by all whom she met. I will definitely be keeping you and your family (pigs included) in my thoughts.

Do you have a second level that she could have fallen from? It's really hard to say what could have happened. Vets can perform a necropsy to determine cause of death although I'm not sure what the cost is. As a precaution, I think I'd have the other one vet checked just in case it was from something that's contagious your other one might have been exposed to. I'm really sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is losing them.

I'm so so sorry. Losing a piggy is always hard but when it is unexpected, with no warning signs, no symptoms... it is just devastating.
My heart goes out to you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.