Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression Sudden bullying? Help

izzys parents

Cavy Slave
Ok so as some of you may know that the Introduction of Izzy to Choco went well and they had been moved into the same cage, Choco was still scared of Izzy but there was no fighting at all.....Until last week, Recently I've been staying with my mother due to me breaking my ankle and its easier for me to get around here than at where I've been living. My uncle (who adores Our girls) has been caring for them and noticed that Izzy is starting to bully choco, they have a huge cage, separate food bowls, hay racks, water bottles, houses. ETC.....he ended up separating them. They are fine when we are home but as soon as we leave for a few days it starts up again.
what can we do to get them to stop? or what do they need?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
What are they doing that your uncle would consider "bullying"? Most times what people think of as bullying is just normal dominance behavior. Unless blood is drawn, there should be no separation. Each time your separate and put together, it is more stressful for the pigs because they have to start over with establishing dominance.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I agree. People see them nipping or chasing each other and immediately separate, when it's just normal stuff.

izzys parents

Cavy Slave
Constant chasing apparently, to the point that they do it all day every day, but I'll have to go over there and put them back together

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.