Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Success!

caddy21

Cavy Slave
Good Morning all,

This morning I was planning to post a thread about how long it takes for guinea pigs to start to get used to their surroundings. However, last night we managed to have some sucess.

We have the pigs in a spear room (which is empty apart from their cage) and we use that room incase they decide to escape our arms.

The last few days both the pigs have been scared and have been hiding away in the towels we use incase they have an accident on us. They have also been hiding in there houses whenever we are around.

Last night Caramac became more confident and started to riggle around, at which point I popped her onto the floor. She started to sniff around and started popcorning away. The other pig saw what was going on and decided she wanted to get involved. She did the same thing and they were running around sniffing the walls and even us, and popcorning.

After there excitement we placed them back into their cage, (at which point they usually run to there house) and they just sat there and looked at us. They then went walking around and spent an hour eating veggies.

In the space of an hour they became a little more trusting in us, which is lovely to see and just wanted to share my success.

They started to make some noise while they were on our laps, and we thought that it was a scared sound. However, when they were running round they were making the same sound only louder. It's kind of like a squeek sound. I assume that means they are happy?

FYI the photo's of the little pigs are on my introduction thread. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.