Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

success .... i think .?

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
well here goes , i found out this morning that my pigger has lice , so anyays , i went on a mission to find a cure , i was told advantax ...etc , unfortanually i live in northen canada and the closest mall is a 4 hr flight , there are no pet stores etc ... so unable to wait 2 weeks for an order i had to make a decision , i went to the grocery store and ended up buying puppy shampoo for lice infestations ( i know this is not recomended and should never be used but i had no other option ) cont.... below

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
so after bathing my pigger i did an inspection and couldnt see any at the time , and after the ones that i did see were dead ! , so now i guess the wait is on to see if they are gone , i know most washed away i could see them in the sink but you never know also i have to keep a close eye on my pig that he dosnt get sick from grooming herself , but anyways i feel bad having to use the dog stuff , but i just hope it worked and that my pig dont get sick , does anyone know how long i should wait before checking her again or should i just check evey other hour?

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
That acctaully was NOT a good idea. Medicated dog/cat shampoo can be VERY harmful for pigs. I hope he will be okay.

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
i hope so too , but i searched everwhere i could for advantax and to order it in , it would of took 2 weeks , do you think he would of been ok for 2 weeks?
should i have just waited?

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
I think he would have been ok waiting, or you could have used topical ivermectin or Revolution. There's no pyrethins in the shampoo, are there?

Lice eggs could hatch. He may still need treatment.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
The stuff you should use is acctaully called Advantage or Revolution. You can get it at vet's offices, not pet stores.

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
no , i checked first , and i also looked for revolution too , im limited to the supplies i can get here , there isnt even a vet here ! i usually have to consult one from out of town , i just adopted her 4 days ago , along with sugar a white one and she never had anything and they are in the same cage , but i got the advantax ordered on rush delivery so if he does need another treatment i will wait until i get that .i just hope he will be ok .

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
advantage ...sorry my mistake

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Ericka, we have rules on this forum about proper posting. Capitalization and proper punctuation are a must. Please use them. This is a warning.

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
sorry , il try to use better spelling and punctuation next time.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You need to start using capitalization and puntuation now. Otherwise, you may be banned from this forum for one week.

KatieJean

Cavy Slave
you can also try using a lice comb, and combing them out, and have a dish of soapy water to put the lice in that you comb out.
thats completely safe.

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
Thanks I will keep that in mind for next time .It sounds alot safer and a lot less risky .

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.