Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Success! :D

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
So yesterday I finished my cage, and the baby proofing on it. (Wow that was a lot of work lol) So after that I went to introduce the two groups of piggies. The one group in Godric and Phoenix. I got them from a breeder before I new that there were guinea pig rescues around where I live. They are both female teddy guinea pigs, Phoenix being about a year old, and Godric about 7 months. The other group is two pigs I rescued about a week ago, named Fus and Ro Dah. They are both a mix of Short hair/Peruvian. Fus is the mommy, who is about 6 months old, and Ro Dah is her baby of about 4 weeks.

So today was the intros. I put them all on a piece of fleece, and let the action begin. xD Of course I was watching them like a hawk, and had a towel there, ready to break up the fights that I was sure would happen, as the breeder (Before I know there were any rescues near us) we got Phoenix and Godric from said that Phoenix had a veryyyyy dominate personality, and that we shouldn't plan on getting any more pigs, as she had tried introducing her to tons of others, and they all ended in missing ears, or some other form of injury.

Funny thing is though, Phoenix didn't even end up being the dominate one, and the intro went lovely! Godric and Ro Dah became best friends the second I put them down, they started eating together, and snuggling up next to each other. However Phoenix was veryyyy scared of Fus who now seems to be the dominate one. Though there was no fighting at all, just a little chasing.

At the end of the short intro, everyone just feel asleep in my lap. xD I think I have a video on my cellphone of it, as I was taping their intro, I'll try and find it when I get the chance. So over all it went great, and they have all been moved into their new 30 sq ft cage, and Fus and Ro Dah haven't stopped pop corning. Though there has been the normal dominance stuff, butt chasing, nose offs, and lots of mounting. xD But I think they are getting along very well, and will be able to stay together! :D

That's great news! I'm so glad to hear things went well.

Even if you don['t have a video, we'd love to see all four in their new home together.

That is great I am glad it went well. Cant wait to see pictures of them together and the cage.

Here are some pigtures of the new pigs, and the cage with all the baby proofing and new stuff. :D The first one is of Fus, the second of Ro Dah, and the last two are of the cage. :)

[GuineaPigCages.com] Success! :D[GuineaPigCages.com] Success! :D[GuineaPigCages.com] Success! :D[GuineaPigCages.com] Success! :D

Attachments

Photo_2CC8A760-DCD4-76A5-63E5-D6D0F6B12CDD.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.